Integrate your Kounta POS with Mint Payments
Mint Payments has a native integration with Kounta POS to provide a faster, more secure and accurate workflow to process payments.
This guide will walk you through the steps of enabling this addon and processing a sale with Mint Payments.
Still investigating your EFTPOS solution? If you are still investigating which EFTPOS Integration is best suited for your business, you can look at the Kounta Payments page or Talk to a Payments Expert.
Note - This integration is currently only available to pair with iOS devices (iPad, iPhone and, iPod Touch).
What's in this guide?
Before you begin
Setting up the integration to take payments is easy - you will want to have your account set up and the terminal(s) on site, enabled & active before attempting to get them talking to Kounta. You will also need;
- Your POS terminal on hand and the Kounta App is installed
- If you need any help with installing the Kounta POS App, check out this guide
- Stable internet connection
Enable the Mint Payments Integration
2. Enable this add-on by clicking on the orange Enable Mint Payments button
Pair your Mint Terminal with your iOS Bluetooth
Note - This Bluetooh connection is only available 1-to-1. aka. Don't try to pair your Mint to more than one POS.
1. Head to the Bluetooth Settings on your iOS device (Settings > Bluetooth)
2. The Mint Terminal will appear as "Mobile POS ###" - select it to pair these devices. (The ### represents the last three digits of the serial number on the back of your device (unique to each terminal.
3. Select Pair and accept the pairing code request on the tablet and Mint device. The Mint device should now show as Connected under the My Devices header.
If the device does not appear, press and, hold the green tick button on the Mint device until the Bluetooth icon starts flashing.
Note - Before you pair your Mint device, remove all old pairings
For best performance, it is best to keep your Mint device plugged in.
Pair your Mint Payments account with your Kounta POS
1. Head to the Kounta POS screen
2. From the menu button (top left) select Add-ons
3. Select the Pair Mint Device option
4. Enter your Mint Payments login details (User ID & 6-digit Pin)
On your first login you may have a temporary PIN to start, but will be prompted to set your own secure PIN.
5. Select the Login button top left of this pop-up and if your details are the correct ones then we are now good to start making money.
Process a Sale with Mint Payments on Kounta POS
Processing a sale with Mint is easy and is covered in our guide on Processing Sales with Kounta POS
For a quick reference - all you need to do is click on the Mint Payments logo from the Checkout panel
Your first transaction that the M10 performs initiates a software download that takes 3-5 minutes before asking for the card - we'd recommend doing a test transaction so your customer doesn't have to wait for it.
Tipping, Signing and Merchant receipt printing with Integrated EFTPOS
You can find the settings for how your integrated EFTPOS works when needed for Tipping, Signing or printing Merchant EFTPOS receipts here.
Pro Tip -If you are changing any register settings, don't forget to update you POS with a quick Sync.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much will this integration cost?
How does my Mint Payments terminal talk to Kounta?
The Mint terminal connects via Bluetooth to your POS. It then uses the devices own internet connection to process transactions.
How do I report on Sales by Payment Type?
Kounta has you covered. Our Sales Summary by Payment Mean Report will give you the answers you seek- you can find out more by diving into our Payments Report guide.
Where do my EFTPOS receipts print when using Mint Payments?
You may have noticed that the Mint Payments terminals do not have the mini receipt printer that other terminals have. You can set up your Signature, Tipping and Merchant receipt printing now through Kounta using the register settings covered below.
What if I get stuck?
What's my next step?
Finalising your takings with Integrated payments in the mix is now super easy - our walkthrough on finalising your end of day takings will show you the steps.
Have you started looking at getting the rest of your hardware connected with your Kounta POS? If not, you should look at what hardware you can use with Kounta.
If you haven't planned that far ahead it is worth reading our guide to building your restaurant workflows for success.