Like a high end sports car, POS Register devices require regular maintenance.
With the below tips you can ensure your register is operating its best.
- Ensure your device's operating system is up to date. Most manufacturers release updates throughout the year to address performance, bugs and security vulnerabilities.
- Check to see if you have the latest version of Kounta. On Android and iOS devices, the Kounta app gets updated via the iTunes app store and Google Play. Check these app stores to make sure you have our most up to date app.
- Forget WiFi networks which do not relate to Kounta. If your register is dedicated to POS, go into your WiFi settings and 'Forget' networks that you do not need to connect to but may have connected to in the past. This will stop your register from accidentally connecting to the wrong network and disrupting your printing.
- Use high quality/ genuine accessories. Often cheaper or damaged charge/sync cables can impact the usability of your touch screen device. This is particularly important for Apple devices which require MFI certified equipment.
- Keep your device clean. Devices which are located near liquids or other materials can often get a buildup which can damage important ports and buttons. This can subsequently slow down the users of the POS. Use manufacturer approved cleaning cloths and solutions.
- Stay online. Kounta requires a connection to the internet to sync all of your important data to the cloud. Some smart devices close off an app's connection to the internet when the screens go to sleep. If possible, edit your display settings to stay awake/never sleep. This will also help with ensuring Kounta can communicate with multiple registers and your printers.