Adding Customer Contacts in bulk - with .CSV
So, you have a long list of customer contacts you’d like to upload to your Kounta? First of all, that’s awesome. Next, let’s get them added to Kounta quickly and effortlessly by uploading them in bulk via CSV.
Uploading customer contacts is only the beginning of numerous benefits; you will be able to: allow customers to place orders under accounts, give personalised promos, send their receipts via email - all to set the groundwork for a loyalty program.
What's in this guide?
Before you start
You'll need one of these apps to read CSV files:
- Microsoft Excel
- Numbers (for Mac)
- Google Sheets
- Calc - OpenOffice or LibreOffice
Upload customer contacts via CSV
2. Open the CSV file using any of the apps listed above
3. Enter the details of the customers you need to add
Here are a few important notes about the fields on the CSV:
ID** - these are numbers assigned by Kounta to each customer. Do not edit.
CustomerName - Enter the customer name - naturally, this is needed
Email - Enter this or the phone number as a unique identifier
Phone - Enter this or the email as a unique identifier
Tags**- These are great for creating customer-based promos
(** Not required)
4. Once you are happy with your customer details, make sure it is saved in the correct file type. The file extension should say “.csv” - If it’s not, hit Save As or Download As and choose Windows Comma Separated (.csv) as the file type.
On Google Sheets:
5. Ready to upload! Under People from the Kounta Back Office, select Customers
6. Select the cloud icon with the arrow pointing up
7. Select Choose File to search for the CSV file you just edited and select OK
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I edit existing customer details via CSV?
For now, you can only add customer details via CSV. for new customers. As for existing customers, you can easily edit their details from the Customers page under the People section in Kounta Back Office.
What are the minimum details I need to add a customer?
Both via CSV or directly through the Customers page in Kounta Back Office - you would need the customer name, and either email or phone number as a unique identifier.
How do I set up a loyalty program?
Kounta integrates with several third-party add-ons who are pros at handling loyalty programs.
Explore Kounta Add-ons for more information, or talk to one of our experts to find a solution right for you.
What if I get stuck?
What's my next step?
Now that you’ve added your customer details, you may be thinking of creating a loyalty program. The good news is you can integrate Kounta to third-party apps devoted to automating loyalty programs. Explore Kounta’s add-ons for more options.