This guide will show you how to use option sets to create a "bundle deal" such as 3 coffees for $10 or 4 coffees for $12 - allowing you to offer special pricing for certain deals.
Say for example I want to make an offer where my customers can buy my Paninis and BLTs in bulk. Let's say 3 for $30 or 4 for $35. These items normally vary in price wildly, but if someone made the below order in the screenshot they'd qualify to have the whole order for $30.
Create The Offer
This is achieved with Option Sets, which allow us to create a product for the deal, then add the eligible items (at special pricing) to an option set which is then added to that "deal" product.
- First we create the product. We will call it the 'Office Sandwich Deal'
- Add it to the relevant category
- Give it a price of $30 as that is the price of the deal.
- Ensure the correct Tax Bracket is selected.
- We then create the Option Set. We can call the option set 'Office Sandwich Deal' as well
- Add in the already existing products as options.
- Give them a price of $0 (the special price was already in the "deal" product.
- Under rules, because we need all three selected, have a minimum and maximum selection of 3.
- If we want to expand the deal beyond 3 sandwiches, (say, 3 for $30 but each one after that is $5) simply duplicate the Office Lunch Deal option set, and alter the rules accordingly.
- For this example, each option has a price of $5
- Minimum selection needs to be 'None' otherwise it will be a required option.
- Now we link the option sets to the "Office Sandwich Deal" product.
- After that, go back into POS and check out our new Office Sandwich Deal button that gives us 3 meals for $30 and extra ones for only $5!