This guide has been put together to assist Kounta customers who need to set up the discount options from 'Entertainment Book' should they be a member of this service.
There are two variations of this guide, both variations assume you have setup and become familiar with our Adjustments Add-On
I don't need to apply a Credit Card Surcharge
If you don't need to apply a credit card surcharge, this process is relatively simple.
You will need to create two Adjustments.
One for the under $160 price range (-25%), and one for the over $160 price range (-$40).
Simply perform the following steps.
- Ensure you are in Kounta Back Office
- Click the Add-Ons button
- Click Adjustments (go here if you have not enabled it yet)
- Click Configuration
- Click Add a New Adjustment
- Provide a relevant title and set the discount.
- If you only want staff with 'Discount Permission' to use the adjustment, tick the Require Discount permission box.
- Once this is done, the adjustment options will appear when you sync your POS and go to Adjustments.
I -do- need to be able to apply a Credit Card Surcharge
This procedure is a little bit trickier in the event you need to be able to add a credit card surcharge as well - as Kounta will only allow a single 'order-wide' discount on your invoice.
The under $160 adjustment is simple - simply follow the same steps outlined above, but instead of applying a 25% discount, subtract the value of the credit card surcharge (i.e a surcharge of 1.5% would need a discount rate of 23.5% instead of 25%).
The over $160 adjustment however needs a work around - and this can be achieved by creating a product that has a -$40 sale price attached to it.
This can be achieved with the following steps:
- Go to Kounta Back Office
- Click Menu
- Go to Products
- Create a New Product
- Give it a relevant name
- Set the categories this tile should appear in
- Set the price (in this case -40)
- Set the tax code if needed
- After that is done, sync your POS terminal.
- You can then add your E-Book discount product to deduct the flat rate of $40, and then apply your surcharge separately.