Kounta together with Smartpay have developed a seamless, fast and simple to setup integrated payment offering.
Devices Offered by SmartPay:
S800 Fixed Ethernet Terminal
S920 Mobile WIFI Terminal
S920 Mobile GPRS (Vodafone Sim card)
Note: Please ensure the Smartpay Terminal has either an active internet connection via an Ethernet Cable plugged into the back of the Terminal & into the Router or Wifi Connectivity to your Wifi Network, depending on the terminal being used. If you are using the Sim Card Mobile terminal, the terminal will display a G in the top right hand corner. Also ensure your Kounta Register is connected to the internet using WiFi or Ethernet.
Smartpay is suitable for our New Zealand customers who want an integrated EFTPOS solution.
- Makes taking Card payments easy
- No need to manually enter transaction amount in EFTPOS Terminal
- Accurate Reconciliation
- Only available in New Zealand
Enabling the SmartPay Add-On
- Log into Kounta Back Office
- Select Add-Ons from the left menu
- Locate and enable SmartPay Payments
Pairing the Smartpay Device
- Power on the Terminal and wait till SmartConnect shows the Online State.
- Press Menu, select Config.
- Enter the Config menu password.
- Select Pos Integrations.
- Select Authorise PoS. You should see a 8 digit pairing Code on the terminal display.
- On your Kounta POS click Menu
- Click Add-Ons
- Click Pair SmartPay
- Hit Next on the screen that appears
- Enter the 8 Digit pairing Code in the box that appears
Smartpay should now be connected. You will see a message that tells you Smartpay is now connected. When you hit Checkout, you will now see the Smartpay option enabled. This step will fail if the internet connection is not present on your Kounta device.
Minimum Device Requirements
iPad Mini 2 / iPad Air or newer - Identify your iPad model
iPhone 5S or newer - Identify your iPhone model
iPod Touch (5th generation) or newer - Identify your iPod model
Requires Kounta App Version 1.23 or later, not currently compatible with Kounta POS App
Requires iOS 9.3.5 or later
Troubleshooting: Smartpay terminals require licensing by Smartpay in order to work. If you plan to use multiple Smartpay devices across multiple sites please ensure you have the correct number of licenses.