Smartpay's integration with Lightspeed Kounta POS provides faster, more secure and accurate EFTPOS payments for their Australian and New Zealand customers.
This guide helps you enable Smartpay and process payments.
What's In This Guide?
Before You Begin
Setting up the integration is easy. You need:
- Your EFTPOS terminals on hand
- Smartpay enabled on Lightspeed's Back Office
- A stable internet connection
Pair Smartpay terminal/s with Lightspeed Kounta POS
- Go to the POS.
- Click the menu button in the top lefthand corner and then Add-ons.
- Click "Pair Smartpay"
- Follow these instructions.
- Enter the 8 digit pairing code in the box and click "Find".
- You're done!
- Merchant copies, tips and signatures are currently handled on your POS and printers. You'll be asked if you want to handle them on your terminal instead.
Pro Tip - You can pair one Smartpay terminal to multiple Kounta registers! Just give Smartpay a call to set this up.
Process Sales with Smartpay on Lightssped Kounta POS
Click Smartpay's logo upon checkout.
What's Your Next Step?
Finalising your takings with integrated payments is super easy. Check out our guide now!
Frequently Asked Questions
What terminals can I use with Smartpay?
Smartpay offers these devices for Australian and New Zealand customers.
- Australian customers
- D210e Mobile WIFI Terminal
- New Zealand customers
- S800 Fixed Ethernet Terminal
- S920 Mobile WIFI/GPRS Terminals
- S80 Fixed Ethernet Terminal
How does my Smartpay terminal talk to Kounta?
Smartpay terminals communicate to Kounta servers via WiFi, Ethernet or 3G.
Note from Smartpay: Please ensure the Smartpay Terminal has either an active internet connection via an Ethernet Cable plugged into the back of the Terminal (& into the Router) or Wifi Connectivity to your Wifi Network - depending on the terminal being used.
If you are using the Sim Card Mobile terminal, the terminal will display a G in the top right hand corner. Also ensure your Kounta Register is connected to the internet using WiFi, Ethernet or, a data sim card.
How do I report on Sales by Payment Type?
The Reconciliations Dashboard on Insights allows you to report on payments. Drill down to see trends for specific payment types, by site, and most importantly, trends over time.