How to make a sale with Kounta POS
Making a sale with Kounta POS is easy.
1. When you open the Kounta app you will have the option to Go to Point of Sale
2. You will be prompted to log in
(Ask your manager if you have not yet been set up as a user).
The default pin is 1-1-1-1
Although, we would recommend you change this to something memorable yet secure
3. When the POS loads, you will now be able to see your menu
There are three basic sections on this screen
- The categories are on the left
- The main section in the middle where the products are displayed
- On the right-hand side is the order summary where your order will be displayed until it is sent to be made or, paid for
4. Now we are ready to take an order.
Simply select the category and, choose the products to add to the order.
Some products may prompt you to select different options (Option Sets)
Simply choose the option you need and, select save.
You can always search for a product using the search bar along the top of the screen
5. We also need to add an order note. ie;
- Table number for dine-in
- Or name for take-away
This note will appear at the top of each production docket.
6. And now we can check out our order.
- If a customer is paying with cash and they give exact change we can use the lightning fast cash check out
- If a customer is paying with cash and we need to work out their change or, by card or, another payment type - We simply open the check out menu and select the payment type
8. If you need to print a Customer Tax Invoice - Select the settings cog wheel in the bottom right and then reprint
Well done! You've now completed your first sale in Kounta!
What if I get stuck?
What's my next step?