Kounta together with TYRO have developed a seamless, fast and simple to setup integrated EFTPOS offering. This works across Android, iPad, Mac and Windows.
Enabling the Tyro Add-On
Enabling the Tyro Add-On is a simple process.
- Go to Kounta Back Office
- Click Add-Ons
- Find the Tyro tile and click it
- Click 'Enable Tyro'
Pair the Tyro Device with Kounta
- You can only pair one Tyro terminal to one Kounta register.
- Preparing the Tyro device may differ from terminal to terminal.
- Start my entering your Menu
- Select 'Integrated EFTPOS'
- Enter your Admin password
- Select 'Pair with POS'
- You will then be provided with your Merchant ID and Terminal ID
- On your Kounta POS click Menu
- Click Add-Ons
- Click Pair Tyro
- Select your device or click 'I know what I'm doing'
- Enter your Merchant ID and Terminal ID
- Click Authorise
- On the Tyro Device click 'Start'
This should then complete the pairing process. If you get any issues try to clear the existing pairings on the Tyro Device (click Menu -> Integrated EFTPOS -> admin password -> Clear Pairings)
Otherwise, when you click Checkout you should see a Tyro Option as per below:
There is a register level setting within Kounta Back Office which controls where the TYRO & Commbank Albert merchant receipt will print from.
Kounta offers a few different configurations:
- Tip and Sign on payment device - Merchant copy will print to the TYRO/Albert printer.
- Tip and Sign on Kounta receipt - Merchant copy will print to your Kounta printer.
- Do nothing - No merchant copy is printed
To Change this setting:
- Go to MySite
- Select Devices
- Select Registers
- Select your register
- Change the SIGNATURE, TIPPING AND MERCHANT COPY to one of the above settings.
Once you make this change ensure you perform a SYNC on your register.