What it Does
Managing your inventory in Kounta is really simple. Create, email and receive purchase orders from anywhere leveraging real-time inventory levels to ensure accurate and timely purchasing. Create variable stocktake lists to keep track of the high-value stock in your business. Leverage a powerful yet simple to use recipe builder to ensure you can automate stock consumption and get a timely cost of goods analysis on every item you sell.
Inventory is suitable for all businesses, no matter the size or location that want to be able to accurately track, monitor and report on stock levels.
- Food Truck
- Market Store
- Large restaurant
- Retail Outlets
- Keep track of stock
- Make well-informed stock ordering decisions
- Understand the movement of stock in your business
Like all other Kounta built add-ons, Inventory is free and needs to be enabled through the "Add-On" section of back office.
To enable follow theses steps
- Tap Sites
- Select a Site
- Choose Inventory
- Tap Enable
Once enabled 2 new tabs called Purchases and Stocktake will show on your Site Level horizontal menu
Creating a Purchase Order
Following the steps below you can create and email a Purchase Order, then receive it to increase your stock levels.
1. Press Sites and select the Site Name
2. Select Purchases
3. Select Create New Purchase
4. Start typing to find the Supplier you want to order from
(Add new suppliers as "Contacts" in the Contacts section of Back Office)
5. Enter the Delivery Date
6. Add the Items and Quantity of what you need
7. Save as a Draft once complete
8. After Saving as a Draft you will be able to Preview or Email the purchase order directly.
9. Once the Goods are delivered, reopen the Purchase Order, enter the Invoice Number and mark as Received
Perform a Stocktake
Following these steps you can perform a stocktake, once submitted a stocktake will update your current stock levels to whatever you declare, if you do not declare a field there will be no change.
Component Stock / Recipes and Purchase Formats
We can link stock levels to other products, and convert product purchase formats as well.
This function is covered in-depth on it's own guide.
Report on Stock Levels
If you want to review the current stock level for a given item at a give site follow the steps below.
1. Go to Reports
2. Select Current Stock
3. Select the Site
4. It will automatically retrieve the current stock level once you select the Site