Display production dockets on a digital screen instead of paper. Increase operational efficiency and save on the cost of receipt paper.
Level up your food production with a digital bump screen - Once an order has been sent to be made or has been paid from the POS this will display the order straight to your production area.
Whether you choose to reduce printing or go paper-free entirely - Kounta is with you a hundred percent!
A Bump Screen will run alongside any of your existing production printing or, you can choose to use the native option to email customer receipts for a fully paper-free experience.
If you have areas in the kitchen where production printers cannot be set up - or if you are not able to run an ethernet cable - Bump Screens are a great alternative to costly cabling and will run off the same Wi-Fi connection as your POS.
This guide will walk you through the steps to set up and customise your very own Bump Screen.
What's in this guide?
Before you begin
Because you will need to open your Kounta on the Bump Screen device (e.g. tablet or desktop), it is important that the device meets the requirements for it to be compatible with Kounta.
Enabling your Bump Screen
The first step is to enable the Bump Screen add-on.
2. Enable this Add-on by clicking on the orange Enable Kounta Bump Screen button
Configuring your Bump Screen
1. From Sites in Back Office, select Devices
2. From the Registers tab, select Create a New Register
3. This dialogue box will appear. Choose a name for your Bump Screen register and select Create
4. Once that’s done, under Sites, select Printers
5. You will be taken to this page. Adjust the following fields:
Production Printing Method: choose from Intelligent Print Server or Kounta App. Do NOT choose Disabled because this also disables the Bump Screen.
Production Printing: choose Printer/Item Specific
6. At this point, you can select which products to display on your Bump Screen by assigning them to the Bump Screen’s printer profile. Since Bump Screens have an automatic printer profile, the process of assigning products is similar.
Using the Bump Screen for orders
1. From the POS, select the menu button on the top left corner.
2. Select Add-ons
3. Select Kitchen Bump Screen
4. You will be taken to the Bump Screen.
Orders only appear here after they are sent to be made either from the Send button on POS or by being paid. Simply check off each item as it is sent out and Bump an order from Current Orders to Completed Orders when it is finished.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to pay for the Bump Screen add-on?
Add-ons are included with different Kounta Plans - so check if this one is already included with yours.
If you need a plan upgrade, it's a fine day for a power-up! Talk to us.
Does a Bump Screen count as a register?
Yes it does - each Bump Screen uses a register profile to log in to the POS and sync with your registers.
Can I use more than one Bump Screen?
Note: Only One Bump Screen can be used per site. You are not able to configure multiple Bump Screens.
Please see our Add-On, Bump it, if you require the use of multiple Bump Screens.
Can I use both a printer system and a Bump Screen?
Printers and Bump Screens work seamlessly together. All you need to do is assign which products go to which printer or Bump Screen.
Since Bump Screens behave as printers, assigning products to a Bump Screen is the same process as that to a printer.
What's my next step?
Maximise the space you have. Find the best hardware layout for your printers, Bump Screens, and registers.
Go completely paper-free and email your receipts! Start emailing customer receipts today!