Looking to grow your company with more sites? Or expanding with a new concept under a different company? Then our guide to Companies, Sites & Registers will help you manage your growing team.
If you need to add or manage credit card details or bank details for the billing of your Kounta subscription then our guide on billing management will help you.
Note - Changing Sites and Companies is something managed by Site & Company owners with Admin access only. We also don't take credit card details over the phone or via email - just to ensure that your details are as secure as they can be - it is all handled by the same seriously secure tech that manages other awesome platforms - like your Netflix ;)
This guide will help you with the basics of managing your account inclusions. You can easily upgrade or downgrade your account if you find another plan suitable for your needs. We’ll also talk about how to pause your account should your business need to close temporarily. Of course, you are also free to cancel your account anytime but note that cancelling your account erases all your historical data and configuration settings.
What's in this guide?
Upgrade / Downgrade / Pause My Kounta account
Whether you are upgrading, downgrading, or pausing your account (Pause Plan), you will find all these options in the same section.
Note - If you don't know which plan is best for you then have a look at our page on Kounta Pricing Plans or, simply schedule a time to talk with an expert.
Note - The Pause Plan option allows you to temporarily pause your current subscription for a very small monthly fee. The difference between pausing your account and cancelling it is that cancelling will erase all your historical sales data and configuration settings. Hence the Pause Plan is best for businesses who are closing temporarily.
1. Head to the Subscriptions page
2. Select the site you wish to upgrade from the list
3. Select Change plan for the Kounta product that you are adjusting
4. Select the plan you want and you are good to go.
Pro Tip - If you see an error that you have too many registers to downgrade, then you should read the below section on how to delete a register.
Delete a register
You might have seen an error when you tried to downgrade saying that you have too many active registers to downgrade. If this is the case you can delete the required number of registers from the Registers page in the back office.
1. From the Sites tab in Back Office, select Devices. Then select Registers (see image below)
2. Select the register you wish to delete by opening its settings cogwheel (on the right)
3. If your register was previously assigned to a device you will need to select Unassign Register
4. Next, select Delete Register
Delete a site
This is not something you can undo. So please make sure you are not making a mistake. If you need to keep your sales data you can downgrade to a Pause Plan or at the very least have your reports exported from Kounta first.
1. Head to the Subscriptions page
2. Select the site you wish to delete
Are you definitely sure? - There is no undo for this decision
3. Scroll down to Site management. Then select Yes, delete this site under Need to delete this site?
Note - If you need to completely remove a company from Kounta you will need to contact our team at email@example.com to process the request - just so there are no mistakes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I easily upgrade or downgrade?
Of course. Upgrading is the perfect way to try out our more advanced features and you can easily downgrade whenever you need to.
What plan should I be on?
How do I pay for my Kounta subscription?
This can be done via credit card or direct deposit. Check out our guide on managing your billing - here we talk about how to enter/change your payment details and also how to pay for separate sites.
What else do I need to know about managing my subscription?
- Check out our guide on managing your billing - here we talk about how to enter/change your payment details and also how to pay for separate sites.
- If you have just upgraded and looking to add another register to your site, our guide to adding registers should help explain the steps.