Integrations - Deputy
Deputy is a cloud-based all-in-one employee scheduling, time & attendance, tasking, payroll, and communication platform. Create rosters in minutes and notify your staff via SMS, email, or the Deputy mobile app.
Connect Deputy with Kounta in just a few clicks. Staff can clock in and out on Kounta and this automatically updates their Deputy timesheets. Sync your sales data from Kounta and gain greater insight on sales trends and labor metrics.
This guide covers how to integrate your Kounta to Deputy and the fundamental settings you’d need.
What's in this guide?
Before you begin
Setting up your Kounta - Deputy Integration is fast and easy. But first, you would need:
- A paid Kounta plan
- Your staff added as users on your Kounta - make sure the details are complete
- The Time and Attendance add-on enabled - you’d need this so that staff can clock in straight from the Kounta App
- An account with Deputy - if you don’t have this yet, you can create an account or start a free trial on their website
Note - If you encounter any issues with settings from the Deputy page, the Deputy Support Team will be able to help. You can reach them via chat on their website, or via phone:
- Australia - 1300 DEPUTY (337889)
- US - +1 855 633 7889
- UK - 020 3150 1149
Enable the Deputy Integration
1. From the Add-ons Page in Kounta Back Office, find the Deputy add-on
2. Enable this Add-on by clicking on the orange Enable Deputy button
3. Once Deputy is enabled, select Configuration - this will take you to your Deputy page if you’re signed in or to the login page
4. Once you are logged in on your Deputy, select Locations
5. Select Notifications & Integrations then select Kounta from the list of services
Note - If you can NOT find Kounta from the list, select Edit Services on the upper right side and you will be taken to this page
6. After ticking Kounta, select Continue
Add employees, sync timesheet, and import sales data
7. After accomplishing the previous steps above, you will be taken to this list. Scroll down and look for Kounta - you will find three options;
- New User - This will sync new (and existing) employee data from Kounta to Deputy - so that when an employee is added as a user on Kounta (link), this will reflect on Deputy
Note - After staff get the invite and create their account on Kounta, you would need to navigate back to the People page in Deputy and invite the new employee to join Deputy
- New Order - This will allow data from Kounta sales to be synced with Deputy’s stats graph. This gives insight on scheduling, labor cost, and sales volume.
- Timesheet - This will sync the data from Kounta’s Time & Attendance (which tracks employee clock-ins from Kounta) to Deputy - thereby populating Deputy’s Timesheet
8. Select Authorize for all three for the full integration.
When you see the dialogue box following each authorization, make sure that the correct company is selected - then select Grant Access
9. After granting access, you will be taken to these Integration settings pages - finetune the settings such as which of Kounta’s sites, Deputy departments, etc - then select Save
For New User:
For New Order:
Well, that was easy! In the next section, we’ll discuss how to edit these settings and sync data between Kounta and Deputy
Sync / Edit your integration settings
1. From the same Notifications & Integrations page under Locations in Deputy, select Edit beside the Kounta integration you want to edit
2. From here, you will be able to:
- Revisit earlier settings - which Kounta sites, what Deputy department/area
- Enable or disable the integration - toggle this on or off
- Sync or refresh data - select Run Now
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost?
Integrating Kounta with your Deputy account comes at no additional fee. However, you would need an account with Deputy which has its own pricing
Can I test this integration on Deputy’s free trial?
Can I plan the employee schedules from Kounta?
You would need to plot the schedule from Deputy. The role of Kounta is it captures employee clock ins and sales volume. Sales volume can be used as a basis for effective scheduling or for analysing labor cost - while clock ins will go straight into the Deputy timesheets.
What's my next step?
Have you added in your staff? When you add your staff to Kounta, they can use their PINs to clock in & out through the Kounta Time & Attendance add-on. Then if you integrate a software like Deputy, you’ll be able to import timesheets from Kounta. Too easy.