Browser printing for Google Chrome with Kounta
Browser printing utilises the functionality of Google Chrome's printing to print customer receipts/tax invoices to any printer already hooked up to a Windows or Mac.
Still investigating your hardware solution? If you are still investigating what hardware is best suited for your business, you should talk Talk to a Hardware Expert or, look at what hardware you can use with Kounta.
Note - This hardware solution is only available for customer receipt printing and cannot be used for production printing.
For full functionality printing methods please read more about what you can use with Kounta here
What's in this guide?
What can Browser Printing do?
As Kounta can be run in a Google Chrome browser, if needed it can print customer tax invoices/receipts using the Google Chromes inbuilt printing functionality.
This would print to whichever printer you have connected to your computer.
Note - As this hardware solution relies on the printing infrastructure available in Google Chrome, Kounta cannot recommend or support this printing method.
Browser printing supports
- Receipt printing at the end of a sale
- Reprinting receipts from the POS Sales Feed
Browser printing does not support
- Printing Production Dockets
- Opening the cash drawer manually
- Printing money in/out
- Printing finalised takings
- Printing integrated credit card receipts
Pro-Tip - Have you thought about going paperfree? Kounta supports paperfree venues natively with email customer receipts and digital production dockets. You can talk to one of our Hardware Experts to find out more.
Set up Browser Printing
Note - Due to the multitude of office printers available and unique factors in both printer setup & configuration Kounta Support are unable to assist with the configuration or troubleshooting of this printing method.
You will need to ensure that your Windows or Mac meets the minimum hardware requirements before proceeding.
1. Install the printer specific drivers to get the print working on your PC
2. Install and set up Google Chrome
3. Configure the drivers to print with the correct margins
Configure Google Chrome for Browser Printing
Once you have the printer working on windows, let's start with configuring Chrome
1. Find the program shortcut you use to open Chrome – usually on your desktop or in Start \ Programs or in Quick Launch.
2. Right-click the Chrome shortcut and select ‘Properties’ to open the shortcut’s Properties window.
3. Select the ‘Shortcut’ tab and in the ‘Target’ box, go to the end of the entry and add the following: ” --disable-print-preview”
NB without the “” quote marks and note that there is a single space at the start followed immediately by two hyphens
The end result in the Target box should look like this:
4. Select OK to apply the change and close the Properties window.
Note: if it doesn’t work you have likely not typed in the extra text correctly or you have missed out the space in between or used a single hyphen instead of the first double hyphen
Enable Browser Printing in Kounta
1. Login into Kounta Back Office and, navigate to the Registers page.
2. Select the register assigned to the PC currently in use
3. From the Register Information tab scroll down to the Customer Receipt Printing setting and select Print receipts automatically and select Save.
4. Select the printers tab and set the Printing method as Browser Printing and select Save.
You can now go to POS and test print.
This should pop a dialogue when you cash off an order, tap PRINT and it will print a receipt (you may need to tweak your margins depending on the printer)
Browser printing will pop a print dialogue whenever printing is necessary.