Browser Printing enables you to use any printer already hooked up to a Windows or Mac
Browser printing supports
- Receipt printing at the end of a sale
- Reprinting receipts from the POS Sales Feed
- Popping the cash drawer if the printer's native drivers support it
Browser printing does not support
- Printing Production Dockets
- Opening the cash drawer manually
- Printing money in/out
- Printing finalised takings
- Printing integrated credit card receipts
For fully functionality printing methods please read more about what you can use with Kounta here
There are a few steps to setting up browser printing.
**Please note that due to the multitude of standard printers available and factors unique to each customers computer, Kounta support are not able to assist with the configuration or troubleshooting of this printing method.
- Install the printer specific drivers to get the print working on your PC
- Setup chrome to behave the way it needs to Configure Kounta
- Configure the drivers to print with the correct margins and pop the cash drawer
If you have the printer working on windows, let's start with configuring Chrome
Find the program shortcut you use to open Chrome – usually on your desktop or in Start \ Programs or in Quick Launch.
Right click the Chrome shortcut and select ‘Properties’ to open the shortcut’s Properties window.
Select the ‘Shortcut’ tab and in the ‘Target’ box, go to the end of the entry and add the following: ” --disable-print-preview” NB without the “” quote marks and note that there is a single space at the start followed immediately by two hyphens
The end result in the Target box should look like this:
Vista/Windows 7/Windows 10
“C:\Documents and Settings[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” --disable-print-preview\
- Press OK to apply the change and close the Properties window.
Note: if it doesn’t work you have likely not typed in the extra text correctly or you have missed out the space in between or used a single hyphen instead of the first double hyphen
Once this is done configure your settings in Kounta
- Go to Sites > Registers
- Edit your register
- Choose Browser printing from the printing method dropdown
- Turn on Automatic Receipt Printing
- Now go to POS and give it a test
This should pop a dialogue when you cash off an order, tap PRINT and it will print a receipt (you may need to tweak your margins depending on the printer)
The last step here (which is a little tricky as it depends on the printer brand/model) is to setup things like receipt cutting and cash drawer commands.
Open 'Printers and Faxes' from the control Panel
Right click on your newly installed printer > click 'Printer preferences'
Within this menu you will see a few tabs, once of which will contain printer specific settings like Cash Drawer commands etc.
Browser printing will pop a print dialogue whenever printing is necessary.