Kounta enables you to seamlessly create accounts, place orders under an account, and send customer invoices and statements. Statements can be scheduled to send automatically.
The payment options under an account sale are the same as with regular sales (cash, credit card, etc.) plus payment via bank deposit.
This video shows just how easy it is to place an order on account.
This guide covers how to create and manage accounts.
What's in this guide?
Enable Accounts Add-On
2. Enable this Add-on by selecting the orange Enable Accounts button
Place order on Account
1. From the POS - Place your order as normal
2. Select Check Out & choose On Account
3. You will be prompted to choose the account - Simply search & select the customer or add a new customer.
Note - Customers can be added from the Back Office or from the Point of Sale
4. Once the customer information is entered, select Save
5. You will now be prompted to confirm the account identity which will allow you to decide to allow this customer to have an account (if they have one already, you will see their current balance.)
Select Yes to proceed.
This order has now been charged to this account. You will only be able to review and pay off the transaction (or send statements and invoices)
Process payments and manage Accounts
1. On your POS, select the menu icon on the top left corner
2. Select Accounts
Pro Tip - Alternatively, you can access Accounts by finding it under Orders
3. Select the account you’d like to process payment for
4. You will then see the account summary
5. Select Apply Payments
6. Checkout as normal
Configure Accounts in Back Office
1. From Sites in the Back Office, select Site Information
2. This first setting is for sending the invoice to your customer’s email. Under “Online ordering,” look for Send receipts to customers via email
3. Select Save
4. Next, we will configure the account statement and invoice. From the Back Office, select Add-ons (If you have more than one Site, you will be prompted to select which one)
5. Select Accounts then select Configuration
6. Fill in the fields:
Statement Frequency: Choose the schedule of auto-sending account statements to your customers. The Statements are summaries of the pending balances of each account.
Payment/Bank Details: Indicate your bank details so customers can pay via transfers or direct deposit
Payment Terms: Use this as a reminder of payment terms such as when and how the payment needs to be settled
7. This should save automatically
8. After this, select Statement Preview and Invoice Preview to check the layout of your the statement and invoice that you will send.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to pay for the Kounta Accounts Add-on?
Add-ons are included with different Kounta Plans - so check if this one is already included with yours.
If you need a plan upgrade, it's a fine day for a power-up! Talk to us.
Can I email account statements to my customers automatically?
You can set a schedule for the automatic sending of Statements to your accounts. The Statements are summaries of the pending balances of each account.
These can be automatically sent weekly, fortnightly, or monthly. These can also be disabled.
Can I sync my customer accounts with my accounting package?
Yes, you can! The accounting integration will be able to perform a sync of various data points including account sales. (This is available for all paid Kounta plans.)
One exception is MYOB Essentials - you can however sync payments with MYOB AccountingRight.
Can accounts be paid via direct deposit?
Commonly, you’d get customer accounts of companies that will settle their payments in bulk via wire transfer or direct deposit. Once they make the payment, this will sync to your accounting and be marked as paid on Kounta.
What if I get stuck?
What's my next step?
Do you already have an accounting package?Learn all about your accounting options and how they can be integrated with Kounta.