What it Does
The Kounta Account Sales add on allows you to create and manage post paid accounts with your customers.
Enabling Account Sales
- Go to Sites
- Select the relevant Site
- Go to Add Ons
- Select Accounts
- Tap Enable
Creating an Account Sale
- Start an Order
- Select Customer button at top of the receipt panel
- Search for the Customer or Add New Customer and enter in all the relevant customer information. You can search for a customer using tags, number, name or email, then select the customer from the list of available customers. Press Save to assign the customer to the sale.
- Add Products to the order.
- OPTIONAL - If you need to apply a discount click on the order total at the bottom of the receipt panel
- Select Checkout > On Account.
Once an order has been put On Account, users will only be able to review and pay off the transaction (or send out copies of invoices).
Interacting with the Account Sale in POS
- Account Sales can be accessed either directly through the side menu, or by clicking Orders and then selecting Accounts
- Select the customer whose account you need to access. Once in the customer click Unpaid Orders
- Note that you can either click the subtotal of the entire account, or select individual orders.
- The subtotal at the bottom can only be used to pay off the entire account.
- Selecting individual orders can pay that individual order, or re-send / re-print the invoice for that order.
Interacting with the Account Sale in Back Office
The Accounts Add-On includes various configuration options. To access this:
- Go to Back Office
- Click Menu
- Click Add-Ons
- Click Accounts
You will then be able to go through the various options, largely you can determine how often the system should send statements to customers to remind them of their amount due, and also enter in accounting details such as banking details, terms of trade, and so on.
Any field left blank will just be ignored on the invoice.
You can also 'Preview' the invoice Kounta sends a customer when an on-account sale is generated, as well as the statements that we send any customer with an owing balance (as per the frequency you set in the settings).