Blackline has an integration with Kounta POS to provide a faster, more secure and accurate workflow to process EFTPOS payments across all platforms (iOS, Android, Windows and, Mac).
This guide will walk you through the steps of enabling this addon and processing a sale with this add-on.
Still investigating your EFTPOS solution? If you are still investigating which EFTPOS Integration is best suited for your business, you can look at the Kounta Payments page or Talk to a Payments Expert.
What's in this guide?
Before you begin
Setting up the integration to take EFTPOS payments is easy - you will want to have your account set up and the EFTPOS terminal(s) on site before attempting to integrate them and getting them talking. You will also need;
- Your POS terminal on hand and the Kounta App is installed
- If you need any help with installing the Kounta POS App, check out this guide
- Stable internet connection
Enable the Blackline Integration
2. Enable this add-on by clicking on the orange Enable Credit Card button
Pair your Blackline terminal with your Kounta POS
1. Head to the Kounta POS screen
2. From the menu button (top left) select Add-ons
Note - the elegant & power-saving dark mode is now available on Kounta POS. Check out this guide on how you can activate it.
3. Select the Pair Integrated CC option
4. Enter and confirm your contact information
5. Enter your 13 digit Serial Number from your EFTPOS Terminal
5. Hang tight - there is a test transaction being sent to your terminal
6. Confirm that this test transaction has appeared on your EFTPOS terminal
7. Connected! You can now click cancel on your EFTPOS terminal
Process a Sale with Blackline Credit Card Integration on Kounta POS
Processing a sale with an integrated EFTPOS is easy and is covered in our guide on Processing Sales with Kounta POS
For a quick reference - all you need to do is select the Credit Card payment type from the Checkout panel
Tipping, Signing and Merchant receipt printing with Integrated EFTPOS
You can find the settings for how your integrated payments works when needed for Tipping, Signing or printing Merchant EFTPOS receipts here.
Pro Tip -If you are changing any register settings, don't forget to update you POS with a quick Sync.
Bar Tabs on Kounta POS with Blackline
Did you know you can also pre-Authorise payments through your Blackline EFTPOS Terminal for Bar Tabs? You can read more about it in our guide for Bar Tabs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What terminals can I use with Blacklines Credit Card Integration?
The devices that are currently offered by Blackline for integration are;
- D210 Mobile WIFI Terminal
- S300 Fixed Ethernet Terminal
- Z9 Mobile WIFI Touchscreen Terminal
- Z11 Mobile WIFI Touchscreen Terminal
- Z8 Dual Comm Fixed Ethernet & WIFI Terminal
Not sure which device you have? You can check the Blackline add-on page in Kounta for some visual reference.
How much will this integration cost?
How does my terminal talk to Kounta?
Each terminal has its own connection to the internet (Ethernet cable or wifi) it talks to Kounta servers through this connection (naturally, your Kounta POS terminal will need to be online). The EFTPOS terminal will talk to the banks through its own internet connection.
How do I report on Sales by Payment Type?
Payments Dashboards on Kounta Insights allows you to easily report on the payment types used in your business, see payment trends, and see which payment types are the most popular. Drill down for more details or to see trends for specific payment types, by site, and most importantly, trends over time.
What's my next step?
Finalising your takings with Integrated EFTPOS in the mix is now super easy - our walkthrough on finalising your end of day takings will show you the steps.
Have you started looking at getting the rest of your hardware connected with your Kounta POS? If not, you should look at what hardware you can use with Kounta.
If you haven't planned that far ahead it is worth reading our guide to building your restaurant workflows for success.