Kounta has partnered with PowaPOS to provide an all in one Kounta hardware solution. The PowaPOS T-Series is a small all in one hardware solution that includes:
- Thermal printer with standard 3 inch/80mm paper roll.
- Hands-free and bi-directional 2D QR/Barcode scanner.
- iPad stand with lightning connector for both charging and connection to the printer.
- Ability to connect most standard 24v Cash Drawers.
- One single power cord to power all components.
Note - PowaPOS has stopped distribution of these devices as such, Kounta has discontinued the development of this hardware solution so would recommend against implementation.
Note - Due to the design of the T-Series, this solution is currently only available to connect with iOS iPad devices.
Note - This hardware solution is only available for one-to-one printing (ie other registers cannot connect to this printer for receipt or production printing.
Still investigating your hardware solution? If you are still investigating what hardware is best suited for your business, you should talk Talk to a Hardware Expert or, look at what hardware you can use with Kounta.
What's in this guide?
Preparing the PowaPOS
1. Plug in the Lightning to USB cable (provided) into the neck of the PowaPOS.
2. Plug the Lightning cable end into the iPad.
3. Load the receipt roll (provided) into the Printer.
4. Plug in the Power cable and the PowaPOS will power up.
5. Plug in the Cash Drawer if you are connecting one.
Connecting PowaPOS to Kounta
As the PowaPOS is an all in one device and the iPad is connected directly to the printer, The PowaPOS can only be set up as the default receipt printer and cash drawer for the iPad register that it is connected to. If you are looking for a multi-register setup you should talk to a Hardware Expert before proceeding to ensure you have the best hardware solution for your business.
Follow the steps below to setup the PowaPOS as the default receipt printer and cash drawer for the connected Register.
1. Login into Kounta Back Office and, navigate to the Registers page.
2. Select the register assigned to the connected iPad
3. Select Printers and set PowaPOS as the Printing method
4. Select Save
5. Go to POS by selecting POS from the left menu
6. From the POS, open the left menu and select Printing
7. Kounta will then search for the PowaPOS and will display a successful message
You will now be able to print!
What if I get stuck?
What's my next step?
To enable production printing for your printer then you can follow along with our guide on setting up production printing.