You can quickly print or reprint receipts from current and previous sales of yesterday, last week, months ago, and even years ago!
If you would like to save thermal paper and the planet, you can go paper-free and send receipts via email instead
This guide covers how to print receipts from the Point of Sale and from the Back Office
What's in this guide?
Before you begin
Make sure you've connected your printer before doing any of the following settings.
Print subtotal for the Current Sale
Similar to a receipt, the subtotal shows the total of the order.
1. From the Point of Sale, select the cog button on the lower right corner
2. Select Subtotal
Set up automatic/prompted receipt printing
1. From the Back Office, select Sites
(if you have more than one site, you will be prompted to select which one)
2. Select Devices
3. Under Registers, select which register you’d like to configure
4. Under Register Information, Scroll down to Customer Receipt Printing.
You will have the following options:
Don’t print or prompt to print receipts - receipts will not print, but can always be reprinted
Print receipts automatically - after the order is paid, the receipt will print
Prompt to print or email receipts - after the order is paid, a notification will appear of whether to print or email the receipt
5. Select Save
6. Next, go to POS.
7. Under Printing make sure that the printer is toggled for receipt printing.
8. Select Save and Close
Print receipt for the Previous Sale
1. On the Point of Sale, select History from the upper right corner
2. Search for the sale using a time range, the receipt number, or a product name included in the sale. Then, select Filter
3. Select the sale from the list of results
4. Next, select the cog icon on the lower right side
5. Select Reprint from the menu
Download a receipt as PDF
You can also download a printable PDF of the receipt from the Back Office. This is great for those long ago orders and you’d rather search for your order from the comfort of your own computer or, if you need to email it to a customer.
1. From the Back Office, under Reports, select Sales Feed
2. Select the Sales filter to search by register, customer, site, and payment
Pro Tip - We’ve made it much easier to search for specific orders - dont scroll through months and months of individual orders - the data range maxes out at 30 days - any 30 days since the beginning of time itself.
3. Select Filter
4. Select the magnifying glass icon beside the receipt you want to print
5. Select Preview PDF to access the PDF
Pro Tip - You can email these invoices as a PDF direct to a customer easily from Kounta in the same page - just select Email Tax Invoice.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I send the receipts as an email?
Whether you’re going paperless or lessening paper printing by emailing receipts, we have just the thing. You can send your current or previous receipts as emails from the POS and from the Back Office.
What details show up on my receipt?
You would need to enter your business details on the Back Office. Once this is done, you can choose what details to include in your receipt (e.g. address, business number, phone, email, website).
What if I get stuck?
What's my next step?
Do you know how your receipt will look? Customise Receipts and Invoices to include your selected business details and an awesome footer.
All set with your payment provider? Explore different payment options for your store.
Looks like you’re close to being all set for trading. Have you fully customised your menu?
Did you know that you can set up a real-time update of your inventory based off what’s ordered from your menu via the Inventory Add-on? You can also monitor how much of your ingredients or products have been wasted via the Wastage Add-on - and yes, this updates the inventory data as well.
Have you added in your staff? This will allow you to monitor their attendance and performance. You also have full control to limit what each staff can do on your Kounta.