Option Sets Summary
Option Sets allow for configuration of complex selling workflows. Create groups of options or associated products, apply optional minimum and maximum selection criteria and link multiple option sets together to provide your team with a guided selling experience that reduces errors.
Great for upselling, combo deals, banquets and forcing the collection of additional information that might be required.
Suitable for all kinds of business who want to allow different options for different products, customizing on the spot or
- Food Trucks
- Small Cafes
- Market Stores
- Pop Up Stores
- Pizza Shops
- Make combo deals on the fly
- Upsell your customers and make more money
- Add instructions to products
Setting up Option Sets
For this tutorial, we are going to create a "Burger Meal Deal" option set designed for a customer to select their choice of Burger and Salad.
1. Enabling the "Option Set" feature. Go to the "Add-on" page and enable the add on which will unlock option sets.
2. The option sets feature can be found from "Products" tab. Lets go there now.
3. Here is where you are able to create as many options sets as you need for your business.
4. Select the "Create Option Set" button to make our options set.
For this example, we will use the name "Burger Combo"
5. We now want to add all the burgers apart of this option.
Where is says "add an option" you can add any product from your menu which will allow your customers to choose from those as options for the Meal Deal.
In this situation, we have added all the burger choices on our menu.
Then click the + to add it to the "Burger Combo" option set.
We want to do this with each option you want the customer to choose between. So both the burger and salad options.
6. It's important to assign rules to each option. If you want your customers to only select 1 burger and 1 salad option simply set the minimum to 1 and the maximum to 1.
7. After you have added in all the options you will need to then assign these options sets to a product.
We recommend you have a separate product called "Burger Meal Deal" in your menu list to make it easy for your staff to choose this meal deal.
8. Next, we want to add these "option sets" to a product. Select the link "Link to Products", find the product by searching using the search bar on the right and add these "option sets".
9. Now, let's go to POS and test out what we have created.
Find the product in the category. As you can see it will have a + icon to indicate that the product has options associated with it.
10. Once you select the product it will pop up with all the options that you are able to choose from. Simply process the customers choice.
11. Once you have made your selection of products based on the rules assigned to the option set you can continue to take the rest of the customer's order and process as normal.
You can see the options for the "Burger Meal Deal" under the product.
Note: When assigning multiple option sets to a product, they will appear in POS in Alphabetical Order. Eg: Option Set called Burger will pop up first when choosing options, then option set called Side will appear next if you have 2 option sets applied to one product.
Include any links to related guides which will help customer's in bringing the entire feature/process together.