Start and End of day processes are real simple with Kounta. Before you start your day of trade you need to let Kounta know how much monies you have as a float, this is the actual cash you have in the till draw.
At the end of the day, you will need to tell Kounta how much monies you have in total from all payment methods you offer your customers, cash and card and however else you accept payment from your customer.
This is needed to be done so you have the best understanding of how much money Kounta is recording versus how much you have taken from your customers and making sure everything matches up.
A must for all businesses.
- Food Trucks
- Small Cafes
- Market Stores
- Pop Up Stores
- Keep your money in check
- Understand the finances of your business
- Eliminates accounting errors
Setting the Current Balance of your Cash Drawer (Float/ Money In)
Recording a Money In will set the current balance of your cash drawer for a float/starting balance.
Record your Float
1. The float is added into Kounta from the POS.
Once you have logged into the POS and navigate to the top left menu indicated by 3 horizontal lines.
2. Select "Money In/Out"
3. Select the "Cash" button and enter the amount of float you are starting the day with as a total sum.
4. Select "Money In"
5.The current balance in your current takings record will be set to the amount entered.
In this case $400. You can review this in the Money History and Current Takings record by selecting the Finalised Takings option in the top left menu.
Recording Money Withdrawn (Cash clear / Petty Cash purchases / Money Out)
1. When taking petty cash from the til let Kounta know.
Once you have logged into the POS go to the menu indicated by 3 horizontal lines.
2. Select "Money In/Out"
3. Select the "Cash" button and enter the amount of cash you are taking from the till.
4. Select "Money Out"
5. You will have a record of all the Money Out, which staff member has entered that amount and a time and date tag.
Finalising Takings / End of Day Reconciliation
1. Your end of day process is performed from the POS
Navigate to the top left menu indicated by 3 horizontal lines.
2. Select "Takings"
3. The Takings page will show you all the different ways you have received payment from your customers. Typically these will be Cash and Card payments, any integrated payments you have will also be displayed and any manual payment types you might have added.
3. Select "Cash", once selected a new window will appear that will allow you to either enter the amount by "Counted" or "Denominations".
When entering your cash count, you can also choose to simply count the available denominations in the till. Simply enter in how many of each note or coin you have in the till. Kounta will add these up to show you the grand total.
Simply choose 'Denominations' when prompted to use this method of counting your takings instead.
4. You will have to do the same for any other payment type you have.
E.g. Manual Payment type "Card", you will need to enter the amount your payment gateway has taken.
Note: Any integrated payment methods (Tyro, Albert, Mint ect) Kounta will automatically enter the amount that has been taken from that method.
5. Select "Finalise Takings", a pop up will advise you if you want to continue as you can't reverse the amounts you have entered.
6. After you have done the Takings you will get a Summary which you are able to print if needed.
Keep in mind that all your Takings can be found in the Reconciliation report located in the "Reports" section of the back office.
If you have declared incorrect payment types for some transactions throughout the day your total variance will remain the same.
To adjust this you will need to find the offending transaction, reverse it and reenter with the correct payment type. The ability to adjust the payment type may come in the future.