Maximise efficiency at the Point of Sale. Lightspeed enables you to configure register settings for speed and total ease of use.
In Lightspeed, a Register is a profile that can be assigned to any compatible device - so that this device can access the Point of Sale. Once you have loaded a register onto a device, the register is considered assigned.
What's in this guide?
This is where you would need to go for basic settings on how your register works - such as name, status, and workflow.
1. Under Sites from the Back Office, select Devices
2. Select the cog icon beside the name of the register you want to configure
Below are the settings you can access from here.
- Terminal Name - This is the name used to identify the register, for example, Front Bar".
- Site - This is the Site or store the register will be associated with.
- Sales Prefix - All Sales recorded through this register will be appended with this prefix. Example SP-1, SP-2 growing incrementally for each sale within a day.
- Return Prefix - All Returns recorded through this register will be appended with this prefix. Example RP-1, RP-2 growing incrementally for each return within a day.
- Register Status - This will indicate if the Register profile is assigned to a device or not.
If you wish to link this register profile to a different device, you would first select the Unassign Register button to release this register profile.
- On-Screen Keyboard - Here you can activate the Lightspeed keyboard if you are using a device that does not have its own on-screen keyboard (Touch Screen PC).
- Cash Options on this Register - You also have the option to Enable/Disable the Fast Cash button on the POS. The Fast Cash button is used to indicate the sale as Cash and does not show calculate change. You can also enable and disable cash payments on the register here.
- Automatically Log Out of POS when inactive - This option allows you to select if the POS user is logged out after a certain time of inactivity. This can range from 15-45 seconds or never.
- Customer Receipt Printing - This option allows you to configure if you want Lightspeed to ask you to email and print receipts, print receipts automatically, or do nothing
- Signature, Tipping and Merchant Copy - You have the option to choose where Merchant Receipts will print from and where customers can tip and sign from.
- Show Tip and Total Line - You have the option of whether or not to show a tip and total line on Subtotals.
- Show Signature Line - You have the option whether or not to show a signature line on Subtotals
- Product Search on POS - You can choose which screen you want to land on after adding a product to order from the search screen
These settings allow you to customise what your staff are shown on the POS. You are able to set a custom page for the start of a new sale as well as the conclusion of a sale.
As an example, you can set the register to return to the Tables page at the end of each sale. This will vary depending on your sales process.
You can refer to a separate guide on establishing register workflow to help you in customising yours.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I configure production printing rules based on the register?
More complex workflows may need the added flexibility to assign separate production printing rules for each register. This is what register-specific production printing is for. With this add-on, you can fully customise how and where your order dockets print depending on which register it comes from.
Register-specific production printing is also needed for connecting and configuring two or more Bluetooth printers. Bluetooth printers must be configured per register because one Bluetooth printer can only connect to one register.
How else can I customise my registers?
- Did you know that you can change the layout of your POS? Customising your POS layout will help your staff and/or customers to navigate through your menu with greater ease. Give it a try!
- Hardware connected? Check. Menu loaded? Check. You are probably getting close to trading - have you added your staff yet? When your staff members have user profiles on Lightspeed, you can track who is the best performing in sales, manage their POS permission or have them clock in and clock out straight from Lightspeed POS with our time & attendance add-on.
- Wanting to go paperless? Start emailing customer receipts today.