Kounta and Albert work in a dynamic way.
In fact, there are two ways you can use Kounta with Albert. First is Kounta on Albert meaning you can process transactions and take integrated payments on the Albert device; the second is Kounta to Albert meaning your Albert is just taking EFTPOS payments.
As such, this guide is divided into three. The first section is for general troubleshooting while the latter two will specifically target common problems for Kounta on Albert and Kounta to Albert setups.
For help with just using your Albert in general, please consult your Albert User Guide found here.
What's in this guide?
Kounta on Albert
Kounta to Albert
Kounta app is not fully loading (or is showing a white screen)
If you see this, you would need to perform a repair of the Kounta app.
1. With the Kounta app open, tap the screen of your Albert device with 3 fingers
2. Select Repair
3. Under MySite from the Kounta Back Office, select Devices
4. Select cog icon beside the name of the register you are using on your Albert device
5. Scroll down and select Unassign Register
6. Go to your Point of Sale using your Albert device
7. Select the appropriate register from the register selection screen to assign it once again to your Albert device
The POS will download a fresh copy of your site from our cloud servers.
Albert is not communicating with my other Registers & Printers
There are two things to check here.
Solution 1: Ensure that your Commbank Albert is connected to the correct WiFi network.\]
The Commbank Albert requires connection to your local area network via WiFi to communicate with your Printers & Cash Drawer. The network must be the same one your Printers are physically connected to.
1. On your Albert device, press the Function button (on the back right of the unit)
2. Select Home
3. Select Settings then go to Albert Options
4. Enter your password
5. Select Communications then WiFi
6. Turn on the WiFi by sliding the tab on the Status Bar from Off to On
7. Choose your WiFi network from the list. You can also Add network or Scan for a network using the tab on the Status Bar.
Solution 2: Assuming that WiFi is set up and working correctly, please ensure your site is using Epson Intelligent Printing and has been configured
1. Under MySite from the Kounta Back Office, select Printers
2. Ensure that Production Printing Method is set to use Intelligent Print Server
3. Then, ensure that your Albert register is using Intelligent Printing for receipts. Under MySite from the Back Office, select Devices
4. Select the cog icon beside the register name of your Albert device
5. Select Printers
6. Ensure that it is using the Intelligent Printer method, also ensure the Server URL for your Intelligent Printer is the IP address of your main Intelligent Printer (Not sure what it should be? Check here.)
There is an issue with the Albert device (or Commbank Software)
For help with Albert, App bank, and CBA Apps please contact the CBA Commbank Albert team:
1800 230 177
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
How do I perform reconciliation takings with Albert?
The Albert will automatically provide your end of day takings during your end of day process, you do not need to enter any details for Albert takings.
Albert takings do NOT need to be entered in the EFTPOS payments section of the reconciliation report as long as you are using the yellow and black logo when checking sales out.
When Checking-Out, The Commbank payment screen is not automatically popping up (Kounta On Albert)
Kounta on Albert is when you use Albert both as the EFTPOS and POS terminal.
If the payment screen is not automatically showing at checkout, you might need to enable (or perhaps re-enable) the Kounta On Albert integration.
1. From Kounta Back Office, go to the Add-On Page.
2. Select CBA Albert
3. Select Enable CBA Albert
Payment pushing is either delayed or not working at all (Kounta To Albert)
Kounta To Albert is the setup where you have a POS terminal already and your Albert is just taking EFTPOS payments.
When using Kounta To Albert, the payment is processed through Commonwealth Bank’s servers. Typically when there is a delay here, it is either from a slow internet connection or an issue with Commonwealth Bank’s payment gateway.
1. If your unit can use the Telstra 3G connection, try turning off your Wifi
2. On your Albert device, press the Function button (on the back right of the unit)
3. Select Home
4. Select Settings then go to Albert Options
5. Enter your password
6. Select Communications then WiFi
7.To turn the WiFi off, slide the tab on the Status Bar from On to Off.
Note - Similarly, if you are currently using the 3G connection and experiencing slowness, try enabling WiFi by following the directions above to see if there is any improvement.
If this doesn't work, you can also try repairing the app.
What's my next step?
Print tax invoices/receipts straight from your Albert device! Once your Albert is integrated with your Kounta, printing is just a few steps away.
Have you started looking at getting the rest of your hardware connected with your Kounta POS? If not, you should look at what hardware you can use with Kounta.