CommBank and Kounta have partnered to create a native integration between the CBA Albert and Kounta POS to provide a faster, more secure and accurate workflow to process EFTPOS payments across all platforms (iOS, Android, Windows and, Mac).
The Commbank Albert can be used in two distinct ways;
- Kounta on Albert - Both the EFTPOS AND the POS terminal. You will want to check out our guide to Setup your Albert as a POS.
- Kounta to Albert - You have a POS terminal already and your Albert is just taking EFTPOS payments. This guide is for you!
Read - Case Study: Pablo and Rusty’s – Kounta on Albert
Still investigating your EFTPOS solution? If you are still investigating which EFTPOS Integration is best suited for your business, you can look at the Kounta Payments page or Talk to a Payments Expert.
What's in this guide?
Before you begin
Setting up the integration to take EFTPOS payments is easy - you will want to have your account set up and the EFTPOS terminal(s) on site before attempting to integrate them and getting them talking. You will also need;
- Your POS terminal on hand and the Kounta App is installed
- If you need any help with installing the Kounta POS App, check out this guide
- The Kounta POS App installed on your Albert device
- Stable internet connection
Enable the CBA Albert Integration
2. Enable this add-on by clicking on the orange Enable CBA Albert button
3. Head to the Displays page in the Kounta back office
4. Click on New Customer Display
5. Enter a name for your Albert - I generally go with something exciting like "Albert"
Your Display has now been created. We can now login to our Albert terminal
Logging into Kounta on Albert for the first time
Remember that you will need to log in to Kounta POS through the Kounta App on your Albert
6. When you first log into Albert, you will need to select the Display profile that we just created in the back office
7. Confirm that you are using this Albert as an EFTPOS only device by clicking on the orange Select button on the Albert screen
8. From the Please choose registers drop-down, select all of the registers that will be sending transactions to this Albert (Note - you can connect more than 1 POS to an Albert) then select the orange Done button.
9. Congratulations. The pairing is now complete. The screen you see below is the screensaver while the Albert is waiting to be sent a transaction from the POS.
Pro Tip -If you want to have your company logo on this screen, simply upload a logo on the Site information page in Kounta back office. Our guide on uploading a logo will walk you through the steps.
Process a Sale with Albert on Kounta POS
Processing a sale with an integrated EFTPOS like Albert is easy and is covered in our guide on Processing Sales with Kounta POS
For a quick reference - all you need to do is click on the CBA Albert logo from the Checkout panel
Tipping, Signing and Merchant receipt printing with Integrated EFTPOS
You can find the settings for how your integrated EFTPOS works when needed for Tipping, Signing or printing Merchant EFTPOS receipts here.
Pro Tip -If you are changing any register settings, don't forget to update you POS with a quick Sync.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does my Albert terminal talk to Kounta?
Each Albert terminal will be logged into the Kounta POS. It will communicate to the Kounta POS via the internet connection that each device had. Alberts can connect to the internet either via the backup 3G network or via your in-store wifi (whichever is best)
The Albert terminal will talk to the banks through its own internet connection.
How do I report on Sales by Payment Type?
Kounta has you covered. Our Sales Summary by Payment Mean Report will give you the answers you seek - you can find out more by diving into our Payments Report guide.
How do I use the POS on my Albert?
You may be looking for our guide on setting up your Albert as a POS.
What if I get stuck?
What's my next step?
Finalising your takings with Integrated payments in the mix is now super easy - our walkthrough on finalising your end of day takings will show you the steps.
Have you started looking at getting the rest of your hardware connected with your Kounta POS? If not, you should look at what hardware you can use with Kounta.
If you haven't planned that far ahead it is worth reading our guide to building your restaurant workflows for success.