SumUp has a native integration with Kounta POS to provide a faster, more secure and accurate workflow to process EFTPOS payments across all platforms for customers in the UK or USA.
This guide will walk you through the steps of enabling this addon and processing a sale with SumUp.
Still investigating your EFTPOS solution? If you are still investigating which EFTPOS Integration is best suited for your business, you can look at the Kounta Payments page or Talk to a Payments Expert.
Note - Due to limitations on the EFTPOS terminals currently in use by SumUp, this integration is currently only available to pair with iOS devices (iPad, iPhone and, iPodTouch).
What's in this guide?
Before you begin
Setting up the integration to take EFTPOS payments is easy - you will want to have your account set up and the EFTPOS terminal(s) on site before attempting to integrate them and getting them talking. You will also need;
- Your POS terminal on hand and the Kounta App is installed
- If you need any help with installing the Kounta POS App, check out this guide
- Stable internet connection
Enable the SumUp Integration
2. Enable this add-on by clicking on the orange Enable SumUp button
Pair your SumUp terminal with your Kounta POS
Pro Tip - You can only pair one SumUp terminal to one Kounta register
1. Head to the Kounta POS screen
2. From the menu button (top left) select Add-ons
3. Select the Pair SumUp Device option
4. Enter your SumUp login details and press the blue Log in button
5. Select the type of SumUp terminal you have
6. Hang tight - and let the magic happen
7. Confirm that the 'found' device is the one you have by confirming the 4 numbers on the back of your SumUp terminal - if correct, click on Connect or, Rescan to repeat this step
Process a Sale with SumUp on Kounta POS
Processing a sale with an integrated EFTPOS like SumUp is easy and is covered in our guide on Processing Sales with Kounta POS.
For a quick reference - all you need to do is click on the SumUp logo from the Checkout panel.
Tipping, Signing and Merchant receipt printing with Integrated EFTPOS
You can find the settings for how your integrated EFTPOS works when needed for Tipping, Signing or printing Merchant EFTPOS receipts here.
Pro Tip -If you are changing any register settings, don't forget to update you POS with a quick Sync.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much will this integration cost?
How does my SumUp terminal talk to Kounta?
The SumUp EFTPOS terminal is connected via Bluetooth to your POS. It then uses the devices own internet connection to communicate with the bank servers
How do I report on Sales by Payment Type?
Kounta has you covered. Our Sales Summary by Payment Mean Report will give you the answers you seek - you can find out more by diving into our Payments Report guide.
How do I use Tipping on my SumUp?
What if I get stuck?
What's my next step?
Finalising your takings with Integrated EFTPOS in the mix is now super easy - our walkthrough on finalising your end of day takings will show you the steps.
Have you started looking at getting the rest of your hardware connected with your Kounta POS? If not, you should look at what hardware you can use with Kounta.
If you haven't planned that far ahead it is worth reading our guide to building your restaurant workflows for success.