If you have a Commbank Albert as your all-in-one POS - and are trying to embrace a low-paper lifestyle or only need to print tax invoices/receipts (not production printing) - you can do this with Albert’s inbuilt printer for a truly all-in-one device.
If you need production printing then you will need Intelligent Printing or, you can also use a Bump Screen to go truly paper-free with production printing.
What’s in this guide?
Before you begin
The only thing you will need is your activated Albert device and Kounta installed and integrated - then you are good to go.
Enable printing on your Albert
1. In the Back Office, select Sites (If you have more than one, you will be prompted to select which one)
2. Open the Printers page and confirm you have enabled Kounta App Printing
Production Printing Method: Kounta App
3. Select Save
4. Under Network Printers in this Site, select Add Printer
5. Fill in the following fields in the dialogue box:
Printer Name: Albert Printer
IP Address: 126.96.36.199
And select Add Printer
Now we also need to make sure that the Register has Printing enabled too;
6. From the Devices tab, open your Register Information settings
7. Scroll down to this setting;
Customer Receipt Printing: select either Prompt to print or email receipts or Print receipts automatically and select Save
8. Under Printers, confirm you have enabled Kounta App Printing for the register
Printing Method: Kounta App
Receipt Printer: Albert Printer
9. Select Save
10. For these next steps, you need to use your Kounta on Albert. Under POS, select the menu icon on the top left.
11. Select Printing
12. Beside Albert Printer, adjust the toggles like so:
Print Receipts: No
Open Drawer: No
Print Dockets: No
Built In Printer: Yes
13. Select Test to confirm your printer is connected correctly.
Pro Tip - You’ll need to make sure that you have paper in your printer to start - paper should feed from under the roll - like all good toilet paper.
14. Select Save and Close
Awesome! Your printer is good to go.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can Albert print?
Albert can print the following:
- Tax invoices
- Card transaction receipts (Merchant/Customer Copy) - These can print automatically and further settings can be found in Commbank’s guide
Can I print order dockets with Albert?
Not through the inbuilt printer. You can, however send commands from Albert so that order dockets can print via an intelligent printing system.
What's my next step?
Have you added in your products? Add your products easily and quickly through the Kounta Back Office.
Maximise efficiency by print your order dockets straight to the kitchen. Configure your production printing to suit your layout.
Did you know that you can change the layout of your POS? Customise your POS layout now!