Save time, money, and trees. Bump-It enables you to manage digital order dockets in the same easy way that you’d manage printed ones - minus the possibility of lost dockets. You can transform compatible devices (tablets, laptop) into a network of bump screens - perfect for simple to complex kitchen environments.
Lightspeed Bump Screen powered by Bump-It integrates seamlessly with Lightspeed so that orders would be translated into digital production dockets. The kitchen is alerted when a docket has waited for too long. The staff can hold dockets and tick off products by the batch. Staff members can look at different Bump Screens and see exactly what is going on in different production areas.
This guide covers how to enable the Lightspeed Bump Screen and the fundamental settings you’d need.
What's in this guide?
Before you begin
Setting up your Bump-It Integration is fast and easy. But first, you would need:
- A paid Lightspeed plan
- Your menu uploaded on Lightspeed
- Compatible devices (the bump screens) for - this can be a mobile device or desktop. For mobile, both Android and iOS are compatible.
- An account with Bump-It - if you don’t have this yet, you can create an account or start a free trial on their website
Note - If you ever encounter any issues with the Bump-It page, the Bump-It Support Team will be able to help. You can reach them by sending a message on their website.
Enable the Lightspeed Bump Screen
- Select Integrations in Back Office
- Choose Lightspeed powered by Bump-it from the Discover section, then select Enable
3. You will be taken to the Bump-It website. Sign in to your account or create one
4. After you create your account, you will see this page asking you to select a POS - select Kounta
5. You will see this dialogue box. If you have multiple companies, check that you’ve selected the right one - then select Grant Access
6. Bump-It will start to synchronise data on company details, site details, product details and etc.
Once this is done, you will see the name/s of your LightspeedKounta site/s. This screen will show you all the sites your Bump-it is configured to use. Your account can show multiple sites. The screenshot below shows one site. Please click into the site you wish to configure.
Set up Devices and Views and Screens
Now we will set up the Devices and Views. Bump-it works in 3 parts. Create your device first, setup a view then assign that view to a screen!
Devices - like Registers profiles in Lightspeed Kounta, this is what you need to create first. So let's say you have 2 iPads. You need to create 2 x devices here so each device is registered in Bump-it.
Views - A view is designed to configure the products that will appear on each Bump screen. In the view settings, you will be able to create different views. Eg: Food view, Drink View, Coffee Station. Think of it as a filter for your products on each Bump-it screen.
Screen - Once you create a device and a view. The screen is the actual Bump-screen that you can select and assign a view too.
First Setup the Device
7. From the Menu, select Devices
8. Select Add New Device
9. Name your device and select which type of screen it will be:
Bump screen - for crossing out finished orders and then bumping the finished dockets into the pass
Pass screen - this is the digital version of the duplicate copy that comes to the pass. If one station needs to see what orders are appearing on another bump screen, this is useful.
10. Now it’s time to select what your device profile is allowed to do on Bump-It. Toggle Bump, Hold, Undo, and Batch on/off
Bump - Depending on your settings on Lightspeed Kounta (e.g. if you have Courses enabled), a docket may contain the whole order or parts of it - either way, when a docket is bumped, it is completed and ready to go to the pass
Hold - This functionality allows you to holds dockets to the side - useful for multiple course orders
Undo - There’s a functionality where you can combine dockets on the bump screen. This is for undoing it
Batch? - If you need to cook items by the batch and then tick them off from multiple orders (e.g. when cooking fried rice), this feature does that in one sweep
11. Once done, select Return to Menu on the upper right side
Setting up Views
Now that you have configured the device, its time to set up your view. This is where you can create the product selections that appear on your bump-screen. The view also has a host of other settings you can configure.
12. On the main menu, select Views
13. Under Screen Settings, you can determine/set the following:
- Name of the View
- Number of dockets to be displayed (for either Bump or Pass)
- To mute or not (for either Bump or Pass)
- Number of minutes between alerts
- Show on customer display or not
- Lightspeed Ordering pre-order delay - if you use Lightspeed Ordering powered by Bopple, this is a feature that makes sure the order is cooked not too early nor too late by delaying when you get notified (e.g. a burger is ordered by a customer to be picked up an hour from now - naturally, the burger can’t be cooked immediately because it will get cold over the hour.)
14. Under Available Products, you can determine which products will appear on this View
15. Under Registers, you can select which register dockets will appear in this View
Note - if none is selected, the default is ALL
Open the Screen
Now it is time to use bump-it. Please download the Bump-it app on your iPad or Android tablet. This will be available from the Apple App Store or Google Play store. The app will be called Bump-it KDP by Percentage Plus.
On the address bar enter for people who wish to use a PC and Google Chrome/Safari: http://au.bump-it.com.au/
1. Now Select Screen from the below.
2. Once here, you can now load a view. Eg: Food view for Food Bump Screen. In the screenshot below you can see we have the Drinks view selected. You can hit the drop-down to select the view you wish to use.
6. If you wish to go back to the main menu from this screen, simply select Settings to take you back.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost?
Integrating Lightspeed with your Bump-It account comes at no additional fee. However, you would need an account with Bump-It which has its own pricing.
Can I test this integration on Bump-It’s free trial?
If you are still giving Bump-It a try, you will be able to see how it would work with your Lightspeed POS by following the steps above. For this, you’d need a paid Lightspeed plan.
My Bump Screen is not showing any items
- If this happens, please go into Views, ensure the products are all ticked correctly. Then when you load Screens, ensure the right view is selected. Please see above how to set up and check Views and Screens.
I have changed devices - what do I need to do
If you adding a new device, you will need to add a new device in the DEVICES section. If you are simply changing the devices, please download the app on your new device, and you can use an existing created device and load the SCREEN with the VIEW you wish. You will need to into DEVICES and then REMOVE the existing device and add a new one.
What's my next step?
Looking for an easier way to serve multiple courses? The Lightspeed Courses Feature brings order taking and production to a whole new level of ease. The best part? This add-on works seamlessly with Bump-It.