If you want more customers, faster queues, and an easy way to manage mobile orders, Bopple is the place to be!
Bopple is an online platform that enables customers to find you, send orders to you in advance, pay via mobile or at the counter, and, most importantly, skip the queue.
Read on to discover how to set up this integration, upload your Kounta menu on Bopple, and manage Bopple orders straight from Kounta.
What's in this guide?
Before you begin
You will need:
- A paid Kounta plan
- Completed business information on Company Settings
- Your menu uploaded on Kounta
- Any vital on-screen Modifiers converted into product-linked Option Sets
- For the best experience, you’d want to use a desktop or laptop when setting these up.
Note - If you ever encounter any issues with syncing or editing your menu from the Bopple page, the Bopple Support Team will be able to help. You can contact them at help.boppl.me
Enable the Bopple Integration
1. From the Add-ons Page in Kounta Back Office, find the Bopple add-on
2. Enable this Add-on by clicking on the orange Enable Bopple button
3. You will be redirected to this page. Select Grant Access to Kounta
4. You will see this dialogue box. If you have multiple companies, check that you’ve selected the right one - then select Grant Access
5. You will be taken to the Bopple website. Sign in to your account or create one
6. Integration complete! You will be taken to the Bopple homepage of your account - here are a few settings you can start with and where to find them:
- Venue Info - Make sure that your company details: name, address, website, etc. are all correct
- Order Setup - Set order rules such as minimum order amount and waiting time. You can also select what kind/s of orders you want to offer through Bopple. Your choices include the following: takeaway, scheduled orders, table service (or order from the table), and delivery service.
- Promotions - Add codes that customers can enter in app to receive a promotional offer.
- Trading Times - Enter your trading times for each day.
- Billing - Setup the connection with Stripe to be able to receive direct payments. Here, you can also enter your service fee for billing.
Enable Self Delivery
If you would like to deliver to your customer yourself, this can easily be done from the Manager Console after logging into your Bopple account.
From here you can choose your preferred delivery radius and minimum spend.
If you need help setting this up, the team at Bopple are also available by email email@example.com
Upload and edit your products
Manage your online Bopple menu - without needing to change your in-store menu and without needing to create your menu from scratch.
You’ll be able to upload your Kounta menu to Bopple and easily configure the following settings separately for your online Bopple menu:
- Hide/ rename / rearrange categories
- Make your categories easy to understand and navigate. Keep in mind that customers ordering from home won’t have a waitstaff to ask if they get confused.
- Hide / rename / rearrange products and add product descriptions
- Your loyal customers would understand if they see your signature Muffuletta-style or your Smoked salmon vichyssoise. But not all new customers would have that kind of foodie knowledge. So when in doubt, offer a translation of foreign terms and use Bopple’s description boxes!
- Organise your Kounta categories into Bopple’s categories
- Perusing a menu on a smaller mobile screen can be tough. To help customers find what they want faster, Bopple has three main categories for every menu - Food, Drink, and Miscellaneous. Under these, you can easily sort your Kounta categories so they become sub-categories. And just like that, you’ve got a neat and intuitive mobile menu!
- Rearrange your Option Sets
- If you want a different workflow for your mobile menu, you can easily configure the flow of option sets on Bopple. You can also review all the option set rules you made on Kounta to make sure everything is shipshape before going live.
Hide / rename / rearrange categories
1. From the products section in your Kounta Back Office, select Online Products
2. Select Modify
3. You will see a list of your Kounta categories (See image above). You can rearrange your categories using the drag-and-drop arrows on the left side of the categories. (See image below)
Note - On Bopple, categories are arranged left to right as subcategories under food, drink, and miscellaneous. The topmost category you have on Kounta should appear on the leftmost spot on the Bopple menu.
You can also configure your categories using the two fields on the right. (See image above)
Here’s a description of each field:
A - Use this column to create a separate name on Bopple for your categories
B - Untick this box if you wish to hide a product from your Bopple menu
4. After you’ve made changes, make sure to perform a sync on Bopple
Hide / rename / rearrange products and add product descriptions
2. You will see a list of your Kounta categories. Select the arrow beside the category to see the category’s product list.
3. Once you see the list of products, you can rearrange your products using the drag-and-drop arrows on the left of the product name. (See image below)
Note - On the Bopple menu, products appear on a grid. The grid will, however, follow the sequence you’ve set - surfacing products from left to right on the rows of the grid.
You can also configure the product using the fields on their right. (See image above)
A - Use this field to create a separate name on Bopple for the product
B - Use this field to add a product description that will appear only on Bopple. (See image below)
C - Use this field to note dietary information that appears along with the product name - like Gluten Free, Halal, Kosher, Nuts, and Organic. (See image below)
D - Use this check box to label the product as a “Special” - this label appears along with the product name. (See image below)
E - Use this check box to label the product as a “Top Seller” - this label appears along with the product name. (See image below)
F - Untick this check box if you wish to hide a product from your Bopple menu
4. After you’ve made any changes, make sure to perform a sync on Bopple
Organise your Kounta categories into Bopple’s categories
1. Access your Bopple page by selecting Configuration from the Bopple add-on Page.
2. Select Edit Menu - when you first sign in, all your products will be under the default Bopple category, Misc
3. Select Product Categories then select Misc Categories. (See image below)
4. You will see all your categories on Kounta. Per Kounta Category, select either Move to Drinks or Move to Food
Note - be careful with the changes you make here since it cannot be edited afterwards. If ever you make an error, it is quickly fixed by contacting Bopple’s support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sync Bopple and Kounta
Every time you make changes from Kounta, you’d need to perform a sync with Bopple. This Sync happens every start of day automatically. If you need to force it though, here’s how:
1. Access your Bopple page by selecting Configuration from the Bopple add-on Page.
2. Select Menu, then select Import Menu. (See image below)
3. Select Import from Kounta.
Note - This sync should take a few minutes. Should you experience any sync delays, the Bopple Support Team will be able to help. You can contact them at help.boppl.me
Processing Bopple Orders on Kounta
After customers view your menu on the Bopple app and send their prepaid orders, the orders will be sent directly to your Kounta POS.
New orders flash and make a chime sound on the POS so that your staff is aware. After hearing the chime sound, here’s what you do next:
1. Select the Orders tab to view the order
2. You have the option to accept or reject the order - these will appear instead of the usual Check Out button.
- Accept - This button prints out the production docket depending on what production printing settings you have. The customer will also be notified that you have started the order.
- Reject - This button rejects the order. The customer is notified that you were unable to make the order and the order is refunded. Refunds can take 7-10 working days to be processed.
3. Once the order is accepted, the order actions will change to send and ready
- Send - If you need to process another transaction, select this button to put the Bopple order on hold. This will hide the order.
Note - In order for you to access the hidden Bopple order again, simply open it from the Pending section in the Orders tab
- Ready - Select this button once the order is prepared. The customer is then notified that the order is “now ready to collect” (for Takeaway orders) or “on its way” (for Table Service/ Delivery)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost?
Bopple charges a clear and reasonable commission on successful orders. No additional transaction fees, no lock-in contracts, and no lengthy delays in receiving funds for your orders. See website for more details.
How long do I wait for the customer payments to arrive in my bank?
Funds from customer orders arrive in your bank account within 2 business days
What else might I do to showcase my products better on POS?
We talked about how Option Sets enables your staff to add or remove ingredients or create combo meals. Set up your Option Sets easily from the Kounta Back Office. If you are interested in setting up combo deals, check out our special guide on creating combo deals with Option Sets.