Always have the stock you need.
With all that you have going on, you shouldn't have to worry about ordering the essentials you'll need every week. Recurring orders lets you automate your regular purchases on exactly the schedule you need - freeing you up to focus on more important things.
Keep in mind that simply automating reminders at a schedule is also an option - check out our guide on order reminders.
This guide covers how to create and schedule recurring orders.
What’s in this guide?
Before you begin
You will need:
Follow along with the guides linked above before proceeding to the next steps 😉
Create and schedule recurring order
1. Launch Kounta Purchase from the Back Office
2. From the side menu on the left, select Recurring orders - then select New recurring order
3. Select a supplier from your list of added suppliers.
4. Select a category to see the assigned products to the supplier. You can also use the search bar to look for any category or product.
5. You can now enter the quantity of the stock you would need to order. Below, you will see a description of the other fields you can tweak.
- Quantity - you can enter the quantities right next to the assigned stock items for this supplier
- Stock/ Par - The first number is the stock on hand. The second number is the set par level - a dash will appear if the par level is not set.
- Order Number - a number Kounta generates automatically
- Delivery Date - The default date here will be tomorrow. You can edit the date by selecting it
- Delivery Note - Here's where you can jot down more specifications about your order
6. Once you are happy with your order, select Schedule
7. You will be taken to this page where you can assign a useful name and set the frequency of the order.
- Repeat on, Send order at - specific time and day of the week when the order will be sent to the supplier’s email
- Starts on - This is when the purchase orders start sending on the chosen schedule. The default date here will be tomorrow. You can edit this field.
- Repeat every - This is the frequency by which the order will be sent on the selected day of the week. Could be weekly; or every 2, 3, or 4 weeks
Note - You will be reminded one hour before an automatic order is sent.
8. Select Review order
9. Make sure everything is all set - then select Save
The recurring order is created!
You can edit the Recurring order template completely from the Recurring orders page. After you have finalised the recurring order, you can adjust the drafts it will generate from the Purchase orders page.
Note - The draft from a recurring order template generates at 1:00AM on the morning of the it will be sent to the supplier. As long as the order is a “draft” and not yet “placed”, you can edit it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Once I made a recurring purchase, can I turn it off?
For this, you have two options. If you want the recurring purchase to stop permanently, you can delete it. If you would like to put it on hold up to a certain date, simply change the Start date of the recurring order.
Once I made a recurring purchase, can I edit it?
Recurring purchase orders are like templates. As such, you can change the quantity of the stock you wish to purchase, add more products in, change the delivery note, change the order date, and the schedule when the purchase order is sent.
How do I receive recurring purchase orders?
Recurring orders are sent according to their schedule and would show with a Placed status. Then, they are received the same way as regular purchase orders. For this, you can refer to our guide on purchasing with Kounta.
What is the difference between recurring orders and order reminders?
Recurring purchase orders are actual order drafts that are sent automatically and repeatedly on the specified schedule. They notify the Kounta user one hour in advance before automatically sending the purchase order to the supplier.
Meanwhile, Order reminders are email prompts for the Kounta user towards an action - like create a purchase order, send a draft, and etc.
Do I need to pay for this feature?
What if I get stuck?
What's my next step?
Another automation option is to send scheduled order reminders to yourself. Instead of automatically sending the purchase orders on a schedule (as in recurring orders), this simply sends you automatic reminders.
If you enter your PAR level for a stock item, you’ll be able to see this number side-by-side with the stock count of that item. This shows on the same page where you create purchase orders - helping you make the best purchase decision every time.
Once your stock items are entered, you can try entering your recipes. With Kounta’s recipe add-on, every time a product is sold (or entered as wastage), it will automatically update your stock count of how much of the ingredients are left.
Stock Counts on Kounta automatically sync with your purchases, sales, and wastage so that inventory management reaches a whole new level of ease.