Always remember to replenish stock.
Kounta Purchase saves you from the nightmare of depleted inventory. Order Reminders lets you automate reminders for purchasing at the schedule you need. If you just want the reminder, but don’t need to automatically send any orders, this is for you.
But keep in mind - you can automate sending your orders too - check out this guide on recurring orders.
This guide covers creating and scheduling Order Reminders.
What’s in this guide?
Before you begin
You will need:
Follow along with the guides linked above before proceeding to the next steps 😉
Create and schedule Order Reminders
1. Launch Kounta Purchase from the Back Office
2. From the side menu on the left, select Order Reminders - then select New reminder
3. Select a supplier from your list of added suppliers.
4. You will be taken to this page where you can enter the following details about your order reminder:
- Email reminder to - use this field to enter the email/s to which the reminder will be sent.
Note - the site owner is automatically included as a recipient of the order reminder.
- Reminder name - choose a name to easily recognise this order reminder in the future. You can mention what products need to be ordered on this line.
- Repeat on - choose the day/s of the weeks when this reminder will be sent
- Send reminder at - choose a time when the reminder will be sent
- Starts on - choose a starting date for this order reminder
- Repeat every - choose the frequency by which the order reminder will be sent on the selected day of the week. Could be weekly; or every 2, 3, or 4 weeks
5. Select Save reminder
The order reminder is created!
After you have set up this order reminder, you can edit it from the Order Reminders page
Frequently Asked Questions
Once I made an order reminder, can I turn it off?
For this, you have two options. If you want the reminder to stop permanently, you can delete it. If you would like to put it on hold up to a certain date, simply change the Start date of the order reminder
Once I made an order reminder, can I edit it?
Yes you can. Simply select the reminder from the list on the Order Reminders page.
What is the difference between recurring orders and Order Reminders?
Recurring purchase orders are actual orders that are sent automatically and repeatedly on the specified schedule. They notify the Kounta user one hour in advance before automatically sending the purchase order to the chosen email/s, to the site owner, and to the supplier.
Meanwhile, Order Reminders are email prompts for the Kounta user towards an action - like create a purchase order, send a draft, and etc. This reminder sends to the chosen email/s and to the site owner.
Do I need to pay for this feature?
What else can I do to optimise my purchasing?
- Automation makes life easier. With Kounta Purchase, you can automate sending purchase orders to your suppliers using Recurring orders - Or you can simply automate sending regular reminders to your email using Order reminders.
- Once your stock items are entered, you can try entering your recipes. With Kounta’s recipe add-on, every time a product is sold (or entered as wastage), it will automatically update your stock count of how much of the ingredients are left.
- Stock Counts on Kounta automatically sync with your purchases, sales, and wastage so that inventory management reaches a whole new level of ease.