Better decisions every day, with Kounta Insights.
Staff error, food sent back to the kitchen, expired ingredients, missing stock items, unsold inventory - wastage can come in various forms. Kounta Insights captures your data and puts it to work.
Understand the potential revenue loss and the trends in your wastage. Drilldown into the wastage data by date, by staff, by reporting group, and more.
This guide covers how to access the Wastage Dashboard.
What’s in this guide?
Before you Begin
You will need:
Accessing the Wastage Dashboard
1. Launch Kounta Insights from the Back Office
2. From the side menu on the left, select Wastage
3. You have four dashboards you can access from here:
- Wastage Insights - Get deeper insights on your wastage to understand the potential revenue loss along with trends in wastage recorded. Identify the most common wastage reasons and further drilldown into wastage by staff and reporting groups.
- Product level wastage - Product level summary of all wastage recorded and the reasons for wastage
- Staff level wastage - Understand all the wastage recorded by your staff within a time period
- Wastage entry details - Line level detail (who, when, why, what) of all the wastage recorded
4. Once you’ve chosen a dashboard, remember to choose the appropriate Filters (from the upper left part of the screen) and then select Run - you won’t see any data unless you do this first
Note - You can have multiple filters per field (e.g. more than one site or two timeframes) - but keep in mind that this will aggregate the data.
Tour of the Wastage Dashboards
Note - When viewing any of the dashboards, make sure to first enter the right filters (upper left of screen) and select Run
A. Wastage Insights
This is the most extensive page in Wastage Insights because it provides an overview of everything: wastage entries (incidents), wastage units (quantities) and staff. This page has five sections.
1. Summary of all wastage recorded for the site
Answers: How many incidents of wastage are there and how much was lost in sales?
2. Wastage reasons summary
Answers: How many entries (incidents) and units (quantity) are wasted under each wastage reason?
What is the reporting group with the most wastage?
Is there a time-based trend?
3. Daily trend - # Wastage entries
Answers: Are there days when there are higher incidents of wastage entries (incidents)?
4. Top 10 wasted products
Answers: What are the top 10 products that have the highest units (quantity) wasted?
How do they compare in terms of number of entries (incidents) and how much in revenue was lost?
5. Top 10 Staff recording wastages
Answers: Who are the top 10 staff with the most number of wastage entries (incidents)?
How do they compare in terms of units (quantity) wasted and revenue lost through wastage?
B. Product level wastage
This page shows a table of the incidents of wastage that can be filtered by product, date, and site.
C. Staff level wastage
This page shows a full table of the entries (incidents) of wastage showing the staff member who recorded it.
D. Wastage entry details
This page shows a table containing the complete details of wastage entries (incidents) - showing the staff member who recorded it, wastage ID, Recorded Date, Reason, Product Name, Quantity Wasted, and Total Revenue Loss.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I not generating any data when I open these dashboards?
Remember to apply the necessary filters especially the site and the time frame. Then, select Run.
Do I need to pay for Wastage Insights?
Wastage Insights may already be included in your Kounta Insights Plan - so have a look if it’s already included with yours.
If you need a plan upgrade, it's a fine day for a power-up! Talk to us.
What if I get stuck?
What's my next step?
Ready to share your riveting findings from Insights? Downloading, sending, sharing, and even scheduled sending is a breeze.
Enable staff to quickly record the details of wastage while also enriching the data you get on Wastage reports with Kounta's Wastage add-on.