On Insights, you can easily see how your new dish is doing, how much profit it’s making, and how it stacks up against other products in the same grouping.
Assign a Reporting Group
First thing you’d want to do is assign the dish to its appropriate reporting group - whether you’ve chosen a Food and Beverage split, FOH vs BOH split, or a split based on price range, assign the most appropriate reporting group to the new dish.
Access the Individual Reporting Group Performance Dashboard
Now, you can open a report that will show you how this new item is doing compared to other established items within that reporting group. For this, access the Individual Reporting Group Performance.
The dashboard shows:
- Top selling products in the reporting group
- Quantity sold per product
- COGS, revenue, and profit per product
- From Insights, select Product Performance
- Select Individual Reporting Group Performance
- In the Filters field, select the site and date range. Under Reporting Group Name, select the name of the Reporting Group that the new product belongs to - then select Run.
Note - From the table here, you can select the name of the product then select Individual Product Performance to see a more in-depth report of the new dish’s performance.
This next dashboard shows:
- Total Revenue
- Hour of Day and Day of Week performance
- Top selling staff for this product
- Recent Refunds
- Performance with vs. without Adjustments (this one shows if a promo or end of a promo is affecting the product’s performance)
Note - Curious for what else is out there? Explore the different dashboards on Insights. If you’re using Insights Lite, you will see a different set of dashboards (which may not include the dashboard mentioned here.)