With Kounta Insights Live, you can stay on top of your business even when you're not in the venue. If you’re reading this guide, you probably already have an idea of what Kounta Insights Live can do. If not, check out our guide, Welcome to Kounta Insights Live, where we talk about the exciting features that you can access with this app.
If you want a tour of what you can find and do on Kounta Insights Live, read on. You’ll find detailed descriptions of each dashboard and data point below, but first, make sure you’ve set up Insights Live on your mobile and let’s begin!
What’s in this guide?
- Revenue Tile | Guest Tile | Profit Tile | Reporting Groups Tile | Order Types Tile
- What can the Revenue graph tell me?
- What does the solid line and dotted line mean on the Revenue graph?
- What do 1D, 1W, & 1M mean?
- What are those red and green arrows with numbers beside some of the values?
- Are benchmarks different for 1D vs. 1W vs. 1M?
Before you begin
You will need:
What can I find under Dashboard?
Welcome to the homepage of Insights Live!
1. Revenue Tile
This tile shows the following:
- Revenue - the total value of all sales made (orders that have been paid for + open orders) within the time range.
- Average Transaction - Revenue divided by the total number of orders within the time range.
- The Revenue Trend graph - this shows you how the Revenue is expected to perform for the day, week, or month based on historical averages.
What does the solid line and dotted line mean on the Revenue graph?
The Revenue Trend graph shows two lines - the solid line shows the current day, whereas, the dotted line displays your benchmark values, based on historical averages. These benchmark values adjusts to the time range filter you choose. Let’s talk more about what these benchmarks mean when we talk about the time range filters: 1D, 1W, & 1M.
What can the Revenue graph tell me?
By looking at this graph, you will know if you are approaching a time when there is generally, on average, a spike in your sales. A quick look at this can help you prepare for such times so that your venue won’t be understaffed. Managers can view this to decide if they need to adjust break schedules or if they need more staff on certain days of the week.
2. Guest Tile
This tile shows the total number of guests within the chosen time range - along with the average amount spent per person, compared to your benchmark.
Note - The data here is taken from Kounta’s Guest Tracking add-on. If you want Guest Tracking for your venue, you can check out our guide on Tracking Guest Count.
3. Profit Tile
This shows the revenue minus the COGS (Cost of Goods) within the chosen time range, again compared to your benchmark.
Note - Kounta calculates your Cost of Goods for you. Check out our guide on Cost of Goods to learn more!
4. Reporting Groups Tile
This reflects the Total $ Sales (paid + open orders) for each Reporting Group within the chosen time range.
Note - Reporting Groups help you derive an accurate Sales Breakdown on your reports. To learn more, check out our guide on Setting up Reporting Groups for your venue!
5. Order Types Tile
This shows the Total $ Sales (paid + open orders) for each Order Type (Dine-in, Takeaway, Catering etc.) within the chosen time range.
Note - The Order Types Add-on collects this data. You can set this up to prompt your staff to ask so that mistakes and delays are avoided. Check out our guide on Setting up Order Types.
What do 1D, 1W, & 1M mean?
These are time range filters that you can use to narrow down or broaden your data set.
1D - By default, each day starts at midnight and ends 24 hours later.
Note - For businesses that trade past midnight, we didn’t forget you! Stay tuned for an upcoming feature that will allow you to enter your trading times to adjust the reports accordingly.
1W - 1 week starts from Monday to the current day of the week.
1M - 1 month starts from the 1st of the month up to the current day.
What are those red and green arrows with numbers beside some of the values?
These are your benchmarks. Benchmarks give you the historical context you need to decide if any metric is significantly increasing or decreasing. You will see these benchmarks on your sales, guest count, revenue, cost of goods and so on.
Apart from feeding data to the Revenue graph (discussed above), benchmark values also show beside the red and green arrows on the dashboard tiles. These benchmark values consistently update and Insights Live calculates everything for you.
Green means good and red means not so good. Here are a few examples:
- If your profit has a green upward arrow along with the value beside it (see image above), that’s, of course, good for the business.
- If your COGS (Cost of Goods) has a green downward arrow (see image above), that’s also good, because it means your Cost of Goods decreased.
- A red downward arrow on your average spend per head (see image above) is of course, not good, and might be something worth looking into.
Are benchmarks different for 1D vs. 1W vs. 1M?
Yes, they are. Benchmarks for 1D, 1W, and 1M are matched as closely as possible to recent data you have. So you can easily answer questions like:
- Is my business really yielding significantly more sales this Monday - or do I just feel like that because yesterday had really low sales?
- Is my business really doing well for the first half of the month compared to previous months - or do I just feel like that because I’ve been having great sales for the past few days?
Here’s how Kounta Insights Live calculates your benchmarks for you.
For 1D - Benchmarks are based on the average over the past 12 same days of the week.
- Current day & hour = Monday, 1pm
- Benchmark comes from = Cumulative data up to 1pm for the past 12 Mondays
For 1W - Benchmarks are based on the average over past 4 weeks up to the same day.
- Current day = Tuesday
- Benchmark comes from = Cumulative data up to Tuesday (meaning, Monday + Tuesday) for the past 4 weeks
For 1M - Benchmarks are based on the average over the past 3 complete months up to the equivalent date.
- Current day = February 15
- Benchmark comes from = Cumulative data up to the 15th (meaning, from the 1st day until the 15th day) for November, December, January
What can I find under Trends?
Very soon, you will have an easy-to-access page showing you real-time trends in your business. Stay tuned! This feature is still cooking.
What can I find under Alerts?
Like Trends, this feature is in the works - and equally worth the wait! With Alerts, you can be notified whenever staff deletes orders, processes refunds, does takings, and more.
Where do I log out?
1. From the bottom of the screen, select More.
2. Then, select Logout
Where can I view the other sites I manage?
1. Select your site name at the top of the screen.
2. This will take you to a list of all your sites that have the Insights View plan and higher. Simply select another site name from here then select Save Selection
How soon does the data update?
Enjoy the freshest data, every time. All data of relevant POS activities (e.g. sales, refunds, deleted orders, takings) updates in a matter of seconds.
Note - This app needs Internet connectivity to run - so Internet disruptions will affect the speed of refresh.