Sometimes your customers want to get pickup, sometimes they want to get delivery. No matter what experience your customers prefer, Order Up! makes it easy for your customers to order the way they want to and still have all your orders come through to your Kounta POS, freeing your staff from menial tasks letting them focus on your customers as well as improving efficiencies.
What in this guide?
Before you begin
We recommend completing the integration & setup using a computer with a stable internet connection.
- An active Kounta POS Plan
- Enabled Option Sets and Order Types
- Complete and up to date Site Information
- Your menu uploaded to Kounta
- Any vital on-screen Modifiers converted into product-linked Option Sets
- An active Order Up! account
Note: Don't fill out your Location Setup page in OrderUp! until you have completed the steps below to connect to Kounta.
Enable Order Up!
- From the Add-ons Page in Kounta back office, select Order Up!
- Select Enable Order Up! button on the right.
- Then you will be taken to a form where you can give your details to Order Up! who will be in touch.
Activating Kounta in Order Up!
- Log into Order Up!
- Select Integrations from the Dashboard
- Select POS Integrations then the Edit icon for Kounta
- When Kounta is not connected the Integration Active switch will be set to "NO" (1)
Select "Connect to Kounta" to continue (2)
- An Authorisation screen will appear, enter your Kounta email and password.
Note: If you have multiple Kounta Sites, one will need to be chosen.
You will see this screen when access has been given
Before you start receiving orders in Kounta POS you will want to make sure your location, trading times and menus match.
You can import your Site information from Kounta for location and trading times. You also can import your menu for a specific Store in Order Up! However, it is worth noting that in Kounta all your Products are managed at a Company Level.
If you need more info on how products, people, payments and more are managed in Kounta, please see this guide.
Importing your Kounta Site information into Order Up!
Make sure you have triple checked the Before You Begin section, so you do not import out of date information from Kounta.
- Log into Order Up!
- Select Integrations from the Dashboard
- Select POS Integrations then the the Edit icon for Kounta
- Select Import Stores to begin the process.
You will see a loading screen, followed by this message when complete
- Navigate back to the Dashboard.
Here you will see the site imported from Kounta in the store selector
Verifying your store details
We recommend confirming the details you see in Order Up! are correct, and the same as you see in Kounta Site Information. When you import a Site from Kounta, this information is also collected.
Here is how your Location Settings in Order Up! sync with the Site Information from Kounta
Note: If you need to update these details you can update them in Kounta and re-import your store, or you can manually change these details in Order Up.
Verifying your trading times
Your in-store trading hours and online hours are most likely not the same. Often venues stop online orders before they close so customer can't place an order 5 minutes before you close.
If you need your Online Hours to differ from your Kounta Trading Hours in Site Information, be sure to change them in Order Up!
- Log into Order Up!
- Select Location Setup, then Online Hours
- Select the Online Hours to change or check your preferred hours.
Note: When you Import Site information from Kounta, the trading hours will sync with Order Up!
If you re-import Site Information from Kounta, it will overwrite the information in Location Settings and Online Hours
Importing your Menu
1. Make sure the Kounta Integration is active (see above steps)
2. Go to Menu
3. Select Menu Categories
If you have several Kounta Sites, you will be prompted with which one you want to import a menu from.
For 1 Site, or after a section has been made the Import Button will reflect the Site ID.
4. Confirm after selecting
5. Once complete you will see this message
Menu Attributes & Modifiers
A note about attributes between Kounta and Order Up!
Within Kounta there are 2 ways of creating modifiers for your products, they are:
These are groups of options created and can be assigned to multiple products. Option Sets also have a 'rule' which will determine the type of attribute it will become in Order Up.
These are products created as a modifier and added into a category
These will be imported into Order Up! and stored as attribute groups. All attribute groups created will create the label 'Select Your ' added before each it can be changed in the admin after import. They will import based on the following rules:
These will be imported as either a Condiment or Other type of attribute depending on the rule of Maximum Selection in Kounta. Maximum Selection: blank or >1 = Condiment
Maximum Selection: 1 = Other
If the Minimum Selection is set to anything >0 it will also make this field a required field in Order Up.
Different Option Sets can also be applied to variants within a variation (size within a product) in Order UP these option sets will apply to all sizes of a product even though in Kounta you can specify a different one per variation. The correct way to set this up on Kounta will be to have all the same option sets for each variant.
These will be imported into a toppings group for the whole category and be flagged as extras available on all products in the category. All attribute groups will be saved with Topping appended to the name of the category.
Every category within Kounta that is imported to Order Up will have a size category created with a default size of Regular created in each. In the case of a product in Kounta that uses variants each variant will be also created as a size of the relative category so they are assignable to the product. All attribute groups will be saved with Size appended to the name of the category.
Verifying Attribute Groups
1. Option Sets (Condiment or Other)
All Option Sets that have been made available to Online Ordering will import into Order Up , to confirm they were all set up go to Menu, then Menu Attributes Here you can cross reference this with the Kounta's Online Products.
Some names will not match the basic Kounta name, this may be as they have an alternate "Customer Friendly Name".
In this example you can see the Order Up! Menu attributes on the left, and Kounta Online Product on the right.
2. Topping Category
Every category created during the import will automatically have a topping category created.
3. Size Category
Every category created during the import will automatically have a size category created.
Verifying Attribute Items
1. Option Set Options
If you select both the attribute category in Order Up and the Option Set in Kounta, you should now see the same options created in both with the appropriate price for the options.
2. Topping Options
Category modifiers will be added into the toppings list available for selection on the appropriate products, if you compare on Kounta you need to look for the Modifiers added to a category, as well as Modifiers within Options Sets. (See out Option Sets guide for more info)
3. Size Options
If the category has any Variants they will be created as unique sizes, if there are none each size will automatically have a size called Regular created in Order UP
Variants created within a category (multiple sizes) will show like the below
Products that have no variants (one size only) within a category will show like the below
Verifying Menu Categories
Checking Online Products in Kounta
1. Login into Kounta Back Office
2. Select Products in the left panel
3. Select the Online Products tab at the top of the screen
Here you will see a Preview of what has been enabled for your Online Products. These are the Kounta Products that will be sent to Order Up! and should match with what you see in the Order Up! console.
4. Select "Modify" to choose which categories, as well as which Products within them are visible.
1. Modify Button
2. Kounta Category
3. Optional Customer Friendly Alternative
4. ">" to see products within this category
Any changes you make here should be automatically pulled through to Order Up without the need for a new import. Some fields if they are edited on Order Up will not be updated.
You can control this also via the Integration settings to either “allow Order Up to control certain fields” or “allow Kounta”. If you would like to find out more about this please reach out to Order Up! Support by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 1300 558 068.
Completing a Store Setup in Order Up!
1. Before you can activate a store in Order Up!, you will need to make sure a few other settings are complete in the Order Up! console.
These may include:
- Prep Times
- Delivery Areas
- Table Numbers
- or Minimum Order Values
2. Choose which payment methods are available for the different ways customers can order. Ensure that that you have activated and added your credentials where required for credit card methods.
3. Activate the store by going to Location Setup, then Locations Settings in the Order Up! console.
Processing Orders in POS
After customers view your menu on Order Up! and send their prepaid orders, the orders will be sent directly to your Kounta POS.
New orders flash and make a chime sound on the POS so that your staff is aware. After hearing the chime sound, here’s what you do next:
1. Select the Orders tab to view the new orders
2. You have the option to accept or reject the order - these will appear instead of the usual Check Out button.
Accept - This button prints out the production docket depending on what production printing settings you have. The customer will also be notified that you have started the order.
Reject - This button rejects the order.
3. Once the order is accepted, the order actions will change to send and ready
Send - If you need to process another transaction, select this button to put the order on hold. This will hide the order.
Ready - Select this button once the order is prepared. The customer is then notified that the order is “now ready to collect” (for Takeaway orders) or “on its way” (for Table Service/ Delivery).