Want to create a digital experience that is as easy as opening the fridge?
Using the Mobi2Go integration will let you get up and running quickly by taking advantage of your Menu, Locations and Trading Times that you have already setup in Kounta including
In just a few minutes, you’ll have a populated ecommerce system you can use to make your own digital revenue channels.
Kounta will continue to be the source of truth for menu and pricing information, and updating your online menu just takes a few clicks in Mobi2Go.
What's in this guide?
- The Mobi2Go Menu Editor
- Curate your Categories & Products
- Keeping your online menu in-sync with Kounta
Before you begin
It's important that your menu is complete and organised in Kounta first, before you connect with Mobi2Go.
You’ll need to have:
- An active Kounta POS Plan
- Completed business information on Company Settings
- The menu you want online uploaded and tested in Kounta
- Your onscreen Modifiers converted into product-linked Option Sets(more on this below)
f you’d like some help making sure you’re ready to go, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enable the Mobi2Go Integration
1. From the Add-ons Page in Kounta Back Office, find Mobi2Go
2. Enable the Mobi2Go add-on from your Kounta account
3. Kounta will ask your permission to share your details with Mobi2Go
4. Lastly, you will need to create a password for your Mobi2Go account.
Mobi2Go will sync your company and site settings across from Kounta. When it’s done, you will be able to view your online store and complete your set up.
Configuring your menu
After you’ve imported your menu using the Mobi2Go Add-on you’ll have a great base to work from. You’ll just need to make some tweaks so it works for customers too.
You can do this yourself, or email Mobi2Go for some help.
Your first sync will bring across everything in your Kounta POS. To make it ready to go online, you will need to curate the products and relationships by disabling or removing anything that shouldn’t be public-facing.
The Mobi2Go Menu editor
The top level. Your menus contain all of your categories, products, modifier groups and modifiers. It’s simplest for your customers if you just have one.
Categories are used to group your products. For example ‘Drinks’ would be a category.
The items or meals you’d like to sell. Products can be shared across multiple categories and menus.
Modifier Groups are groups of choices you want to have on a product. For example ‘Drink Size’.
Modifiers are the individual options you can choose in a Modifier Group. For example a ‘Small’ modifier.
Curate your Categories and Products
Often businesses will offer a streamlined menu online, to maximise margins and keep choices manageable for consumers.
1. Open the Categories tab of your Mobi2Go Menu Editor
- Choose one of your Categories
- Open Edit Products
4. Remove and Add products as needed
Check your Display and Internal names
You’ll want to make sure the categories and products you are putting online are clear for your customers.
Display names are visible to customers.
Internal names are not visible. They’re a more descriptive name for internal tracking in the menu editor
Find out more about Menu Management
Keeping your online menu in sync with Kounta
After your initial sync from Kounta, you can sync again from within Mobi2Go to bring in new products and to update your menu prices.
Here’s how to sync your menu:
- Log in to Mobi2Go
- Go to General Settings
- Locate the Sync Now button in Store settings
Syncing your menu can take some time, especially if it’s been a while since you last updated. After the Sync is complete you’ll get a summary of updates and new products created.
Receiving orders on POS
Mobi2Go will send the order straight to your Kounta POS. Your orders are held in Kounta until they are accepted and all orders arrive paid.
1. Select the Orders tab to view the order
2. You have the option to accept or reject the order - these will appear instead of the usual Check Out button.
- Accept - This button prints out the production docket depending on what production printing settings you have. The customer will also be notified that you have started the order.
- Reject - This button rejects the order. The customer is notified that you were unable to make the order and the order is refunded. Refunds can take 7-10 working days to be processed.
3. Once the order is accepted, the order actions will change to send and ready
Note: Your POS will continuously beep if an order has been received but not accepted. You might need to turn the volume up on your POS.
You can manage your own delivery inside Mobi2Go. This lets you set the areas you will deliver to, and any costs related to delivery.
- Log in to Mobi2Go
- Go to Settings
- Choose Edit under Delivery Settings
- Use the delivery zone editor to add areas
- Update your delivery fees and minimum spend.
You can add as many delivery zones and settings as you need.
Set up your account to receive payments
Your customers will be paying you by credit card, debit card, Apple Pay or Google Pay. You'll need to set up a payments account in our system so we can send you your money.
- Business details
- Bank account details
- Form of ID.
Go to this link and fill in the form (it will take about ten minutes to complete).
The Mobi2Go Support team are happy to help you with setting up your account to receive payments contact them at email@example.com
Receiving digital orders in your Kounta POS
Mobi2Go will send the order straight to your Kounta POS. Your orders are held in Kounta until they are accepted. All orders arrive paid.
Your POS will continuously beep if an order has been received but not accepted. You might need to turn the volume up on your POS.
Add your storefront into your website
There are two options for adding Mobi2Go to your website.
You can do this yourself, or Mobi2Go can help you out.
Once you’re online, it’s time to start generating visibility. Here’s a few tips to get you started.
How to get found online by using SEO and Google My Business
Frequently Asked Questions
Receiving your payment disbursements
How to set up Apple Pay™ and Google Pay™
You can receive payments with Apple Pay™ and Google Pay™. Just create a ticket with the Mobi2Go support team and they’ll get this set up for you.