Why Get Lightspeed Delivery?
We're going to make three assumptions about why you're on this page.
- You have an amazing menu on Lightspeed.
- You manage multiple accounts on Uber Eats, Deliveroo and DoorDash or are looking into it.
- You want to minimise the amount of time you spend managing these accounts.
Lightspeed Delivery is your guy 😎
With Lightspeed Delivery, you can sync your menu on the Back Office to Deliveroo, DoorDash and Uber Eats and have orders sent straight to your POS. You can also say goodbye to keying errors, maximise efficiency, leverage existing workflows and maintain accurate stock levels.
Sold? Great. Enable Lightspeed Delivery on the Back Office and find out how everything works in this guide. If not, keep reading and you might find out the answers to some of your burning questions.
What's In This Guide?
- Before You Begin
- Logging into Lightspeed Delivery
- Adding Locations and Channels
- Adding Variants as Option Sets on Lightspeed
- Syncing Your Menu for the First Time
- Creating Your Menu
- Adding Users
- Sending Test Orders
- Accepting Orders on the POS
- Syncing Your Menu Regularly
- Busy Mode
- Snoozing Products and Modifiers
- Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Begin
- An active Lightspeed POS plan.
- An active account with Uber Eats, Deliveroo or DoorDash.
- An account manager to help set up your locations and channels. (If you don’t know who your account manager is, please reach out to our support team to find out who they are).
Logging in to Lightspeed Delivery
- After you've enabled Lightspeed Delivery, you'll receive an email in your inbox. Open the email and you'll find a link to our sign up page.
- Login to your Google or Facebook account.
- After successfully logging in, go to "Locations" and press "Authorise Kounta".
- You'll then be asked to create a profile name for this integration. Use your site name for this. Once done, click "Authorise".
- You'll then be redirected to your Lightspeed account and asked to grant access.
- If this is done successfully, you should be redirected back to Lightspeed Delivery. A green pop up will read "Authentication token created successfully".
Adding Locations and Channels
Please contact your account manager to set up your locations and accounts on Deliveroo and UberEats. A PDF will be sent to you on how you can set up DoorDash.
Adding Variants as Option Sets on Lightspeed
Do you have different sized products?
You might be using variants in Lightspeed.
Variants still pull through into Lightspeed Delivery, however, they appear as individual products. They do not attach to overarching products. So rather than having variants like this:
You would have three unconnected products called:
- Mocha - Large
- Mocha - Regular
- Mocha- Small
It’s best practise to create a new category in Lightspeed - E.g. “Delivery Drinks” and use option sets. You should create:
- Option sets for coffee cups.
- Option sets for glasses, carafes and bottles of wine.
- Option sets for small, medium and large glasses of alcohol - E.g. Beer.
- Option sets for small, medium and large glasses for non-alcoholic beverages.
This solution keeps different sized products together and provides a smoother ordering experience for customers.
Syncing Your Menu for the First Time
After your account manager sets up your locations and channels, you’ll need to synchronise your locations with Lightspeed Delivery. Syncs pull through your products from Lightspeed. Without syncing your products, you won’t be able to build your delivery menus on Lightspeed Delivery.
To perform syncs correctly, make sure you:
- Go to "Locations".
- Select your location.
- Click "Sync products".
- Make sure you fill in all details, including "Access Profile" and "Site*".
- Click "Save & Propagate".
- Please repeat this process for all locations. You can check the product page to ensure they've been synced to all sites.
Creating Your Menu
To create a menu, follow these steps:
- Click "Menus" on the left sidebar and click "Add new menu".
- Enter the name of the menu, for example, "Test Menu".
- Select the master location (this is the location the products are coming from).
- You'll also need to select the order type. E.g. Deliveries and pick ups.
- If you're using Deliveroo, it's required that you fill out the menu's description and add a menu header.
- Click "Create new menu".
The Test Menu will now appear in your list of menus. When you click your menu, the following list of options will appear:
- Products are the different categories and products on your menu.
- Modifiers are the extras that customers can add to their products (E.g. Sauce, size,...).
- Availability is the period when customers are able to order this menu from your store.
- Preview allows you to preview your menu.
- Info will allow you to change your menu's name and other information.
- Duplicate will give you the option to copy your existing menu.
- Delete will obviously delete your menu.
- Click "Menus" and then your location.
- Click "Manage Products".
- This screen pops up.
- The Location field allows you add this menu to all sites or specific venues. Similarly, the Channels field allows you to select all or specific channels. We suggest that you use 'All Locations' and 'All Channels', unless there's a clear reason not to (for instance, if you want to offer a special deal on Uber Eats).
- Click "Add new category" and you'll see the following screen pop up.
- You can create a new category called "Burgers" for example by typing in "Burgers" in the "Category Name" box.
- You'll be able to select which menu, location, and channel you're creating this category for.
- Click "Create new category".
Adding Products to Categories
- You can click "Add Products to Category" and search for products on the POS or "All Products" by name. In this example, we've clicked "Select from POS Categories".
- You can click products individually or "Select all".
- Click "Add products".
- All the products will now be in the "Products" column. In the "Product Detail" column, you'll see the product's name, price and picture.
- Note: If there isn't a photo, you can add one. The recommended resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels and it should be in landscape. (You'll also need to add images to DoorDash's Merchant Portal for them to be approved).
- You should also add tags to your products. E.g. #glutenfree and #vegan. This is a requirement by Deliveroo and will be made compulsory by all delivery channels in the future.
- Go back to your Menu and click "Modifiers".
- Click "Manage Modifiers" and then "Add New Modifier Group".
- You'll see all your modifier groups from the POS. You can:
- Select individual modifiers. Modifier sets with the green link icon such as “Curry” in the picture below are suggested sets that are linked to your products in Lightspeed.
- Or "Select All".
- Add these modifiers!
- You'll now see these modifiers in the "Extras" group. Under "Modifier Detail", you'll see their name and the price.
You can also edit the number of modifiers within a modifier group by:
- Clicking "Menu", your site and then "Manage Modifiers".
- Select your modifier group and then click the pen icon.
- Select the maximum number of modifiers customers can select.
Registering Your Sites' Availability
- Click "Availability" on the main menu and then "Manage Availability".
- Click "Add new availability". You'll see this pop up.
- Drag in blocks for your hours.
- Note: DoorDash's availability is up to 30 minutes before closing time.
- If you're using Deliveroo, you'll need to register you hours on their Restaurant Hub too.
- You'll need to do this for every location.
Publishing Your Menu
Once you've finished building your menu and set your availabilities, you're ready to publish it online.
- Go to "Menus" and then click "Push Menus Live".
- The following popup will appear:
- Select the menu you would like to publish online.
- Choose the channels and locations you'd like to publish it to.
- Press "Push Menus Live"
- Click "View Push History" to see if the menu's been published successfully.
- On the "View Push History" page, you'll see the time the listing was published, the locations and channels it was published to, and its status.
If your menu push has failed, please reach out to Lightspeed's support team for further assistance.
- Go to "Users" in the navigation bar and click "Invite New User".
- Fill in the required information.
- User Types
- Account Managers can control menus, view orders and snooze products. Need more settings? Contact your friendly accounts manager at Lightspeed Delivery!
- Employees can view orders. Lightspeed Delivery can also customise their ability to view products by location etc.
- When all the fields are filled in, the grey button "Invite User" will turn green. Press this button and an invitation link will be sent to this person.
Sending Test Orders
- Go to your menu and click "Preview Menu".
- Select the location where you want to send test orders to.
- Add products and modifiers to the basket.
- You can add your info by pressing "Add Info".
- Click "Place Order".
- Check if your POS system has received the order. You can also check the order's status in Lightspeed Delivery by going to the orders category.
- Please be aware that this order will generate revenue, so don't forget to refund it.
Note: If test orders fail, it will most likely be because of payment types not being configured properly. Your account manager can help you out 😉.
Orders on DoorDash go straight to your POS! Requests on Deliveroo and Uber Eats need to be accepted on their respective tablets and then they're sent to the POS.
When orders arrive on the POS, you'll see and hear them.
- Tap on the flashing orders button.
Tap on the new order that's been received.
Accept the order.
A confirmation banner will let you know that the order's been accepted and sent to production.
Customers' Order Notes
Deliveroo and DoorDash continue to send customers' order notes to the POS. You will need to request this feature from your account manager at Uber Eats.
You can send orders from Deliveroo and Uber Eats straight to your POS by setting up auto-accept. You can do this by configuring your settings on Deliveroo and contacting your account manager at Uber Eats. (Note: Your tablets will still need to be turned on 😉)
You can also reach out to your account manager and get orders sent straight to your printers.
Syncing Your Menu Regularly
You’ll also need to regularly sync up changes you’ve made on Lightspeed and Lightspeed Delivery. Repeat the steps in “Syncing Your Menu for the First Time” and click “Push Menus Live” for all menus.
(Note: If you're part of a large chain, making changes to just one site and using Uber Eats, please make sure that you communicate these updates to your account manager at Uber Eats. You don't want these individual changes to be overwritten by gross changes to all sites).
What happens if you don't sync your products?
Lightspeed Delivery will receive online orders but will not be able to match these requests to products in your POS. They will be marked as failed orders under the “Orders” tab on Lightspeed Delivery. Find out how to resolve failed orders on this guide.
Why are certain products not syncing from Lightspeed?
If you make changes to specific products on Lightspeed Delivery, syncs from the POS will not overwrite them. For example, you have a $15 burger on Lightspeed. You decide to change the price of this burger on Lightspeed Delivery to $16. When you sync Lightspeed and Lightspeed Delivery, the price of this burger on Lightspeed Delivery will still be $16.
Should you wish to have the price of the burger reverted back to $15, you can click "Revert button".
When you're "too busy", you can temporarily pause your store on Door Dash and Uber Eats. You can do this by:
- Heading over to "Locations" on the side bar.
- Click a site.
- Click "More" and then "Busy Mode".
- You'll be prompted to select this setting for all channels or individual channels as seen below.
Unfortunately, this setting is not available for Deliveroo.
Snoozing Products and Modifiers
You have two options to snooze products and modifiers:
- Click "Snooze" on Lightspeed Delivery, your location and then "Select Products to Snooze".
- You can search for their name or select them in the list below.
- Once this is done, select the duration for the snooze. And then click "Snooze".