Why Get Lightspeed Delivery?
We're going to make three assumptions about why you're on this page.
- You have an amazing menu on Lightspeed.
- You manage multiple accounts on Uber Eats, Deliveroo and DoorDash or are looking into it.
- You want to minimise the amount of time you spend managing these accounts.
Lightspeed Delivery is your guy 😎
With Lightspeed Delivery, you can sync your menu on the Back Office to Deliveroo, DoorDash and Uber Eats and have orders sent straight to your POS. You can also say goodbye to keying errors, maximise efficiency, leverage existing workflows and maintain accurate stock levels.
Sold? Great. Enable Lightspeed Delivery on the Back Office and find out how everything works in this guide. If not, keep reading and you might find out the answers to some of your burning questions.
What's In This Guide?
- Before You Begin
- Logging into Lightspeed Delivery
- Adding Locations and Channels
- Adding Variants as Option Sets on Lightspeed
- Syncing Your Menu for the First Time
- Creating Your Menu
- Adding Users
- Sending Test Orders
- Accepting Orders on the POS
- Syncing Your Menu Regularly
- Busy Mode
- Snoozing Products and Modifiers
- Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Begin
- An Lightspeed POS plan.
- An account with Uber Eats, Deliveroo or DoorDash.
- An account manager to help set up your locations and channels. (If you don’t know who s/he is, please ask Support on 02 8599 2247).
Logging in to Lightspeed Delivery
- After you've enabled Lightspeed Delivery, you'll receive an email in your inbox. Open it and click the link to our sign-up page.
- Login to your Facebook or Google account.
- After successfully logging in, go to "Locations" and "Authorise Kounta".
- You'll then be asked to create a profile name. Use your site name and click "Authorise".
- Lightspeed will then ask you to grant access.
- You'll then be sent back to Lightspeed Delivery. A green pop-up will appear with the phrase, "POS access profiles set successfully".
Adding Locations and Channels
Please contact your account manager to set up your locations and accounts on Deliveroo and UberEats. A PDF will be sent to you on how you can set up DoorDash.
Adding Variants as Option Sets on Lightspeed
Do you have different-sized products?
You might be using variants in Lightspeed.
Variants still pull through into Lightspeed Delivery, however, they appear as individual products.
So rather than having variants like this:
You'll see three unconnected products called:
- Mocha - Large
- Mocha - Regular
- Mocha- Small
It is best practise to create a new category in Lightspeed - E.g. “Delivery Drinks” and use option sets. You should create:
- Option sets for coffee cups.
- Option sets for glasses, carafes and bottles of wine.
- Option sets for small, medium and large glasses of alcohol - E.g. Beer.
- Option sets for small, medium and large glasses of non-alcoholic beverages.
This solution keeps different sized products together and provides a smoother ordering experience for your customers.
Syncing Your Menu for the First Time
After your account manager sets up your locations and channels, you’ll need to synchronise your locations with Lightspeed Delivery. Syncs pull through your products from Lightspeed. Without syncing your products, you won’t be able to build your delivery menus on Lightspeed Delivery.
To perform syncs correctly, make sure you:
- Go to "Locations".
- Select your location.
- Click "Sync products".
- Make sure you fill in all details, including "Access Profile" and "Site*".
- Click "Save & Propagate".
- Please repeat this process for all locations. You can check the product page to ensure they've been synced to all sites.
Creating Your Menu
To create a menu, follow these steps:
- Click "Menus" on the left sidebar and click "Add new menu".
- This screen will pop up.
- Click "Create new menu"
- Please supply this information
Note: If you're using Deliveroo, it's required that you upload an image and fill out the menu's description.
The Test Menu will now appear in your list of menus. When you click your menu, the following list of options will appear:
- Click your menu and then "Manage Menu Items".
- This screen will pop up.
- Click "Fine-Tune Menu" to select the venue/s and channel/s you would like this menu posted to.
- Click "I Understand".
- Select the venue/s and channel/s you would like this menu posted to. It is recommended that you select "All Locations" and "All Channels" unless there's a clear reason not to. For example, if you want to offer a special deal on Uber Eats.
- Once you're done, click "Exit Fine-Tuning"
- Click "+ Add Category"
- Enter its name and description.
- You'll find it at the bottom of your menu and can rearrange it's position here.
Adding Products to Categories
- You can go to the category and click '+Add Menu Items".
- This screen will pop up.
- Select the relevant category.
- Select individual products or "Select All".
- Click "Add Menu Items".
- The products will appear in the category.
- You can click the three dots next to the product to edit it.
- You will be able to edit it's picture, name, description, price and tags. Note: Tags are required by Deliveroo and photos must be approved by DoorDash's Merchant Portal.
Editing Modifier Groups
- Go back to your Menu and click "Manage Groups".
- You'll see this screen pop up.
- Click the three dots to edit a modifier group.
- You can edit the modifier group's name, description, minimum number of modifiers that can be selected, maximum number of modifiers and tags. You can also disable it.
- Scrol down and edit the individual's modifier's name, price, description and tags. You can also disable it.
- To sort the modifiers' positions, click "Sort Modifiers".
- You can sort them by their name, price or as you wish.
- Click "Save Edits"
- Once done making edits to the modifier group, click "Save Changes".
Registering Your Sites' Availability
- Click "Availability" on the main menu and then "Manage Availability".
- Click "Add Menu Availability".
- You'll see this pop up.
- Select your location.
- Drag in blocks for your hours.
- Note: DoorDash's availability is up to 30 minutes before closing time.
- If you're using Deliveroo, you'll need to register your hours on their Restaurant Hub too.
- You'll need to do this for every location.
Publishing Your Menu
Once you've finished building your menu and set your availabilities, you're ready to publish it online.
- Go to "Menus" and then click "Publish Menus".
- This will pop up.
- Select the menu you would like to publish online.
- Choose the channels and locations you'd like to publish it to.
- Scroll down and click "Publish Menus".
- Click "View Push History" to see if the menu's been published successfully.
- You'll see the time this menu was published, the locations and channels it was published to and its status.
If your menu push has failed, please reach out to Lightspeed's support team for further assistance.
- Scroll down on the menu and click "Users".
- Click "Invite User".
- Fill in the required information.
- User Types
- Account Managers can control menus, view orders and snooze products. Need more settings? Contact your friendly accounts manager at Lightspeed Delivery!
- Employees can view orders. Lightspeed Delivery can also customise their ability to view products by location etc.
- User Types
- When all the fields are filled in, the grey button "Invite User" will turn green. Press this button and an invitation link will be sent to this person.
Sending Test Orders
- Go to your menu and click "Preview Menu".
- Select the location and channels you want to send test orders to.
- Click "Validate Menu".
- Add products and modifiers to the basket.
- You can "Add Info".
- This will pop up.
- Edit the order's information.
- Click "Place Order".
- Check if your POS system has received the order.
- You can also check the order's status in Lightspeed Delivery by going to the orders category.
- Please be aware that this order will generate revenue, so don't forget to refund it.
Note: If test orders fail, it will most likely be because payment types have not been configured properly. Your account manager can help you out 😉.
Orders on DoorDash get sent to your POS! Requests on Deliveroo and Uber Eats need to be accepted on their respective tablets and then they're sent to the POS.
When orders arrive on the POS, you'll see and hear them.
- Tap on the flashing orders button.
Tap on the order.
A confirmation banner will let you know that the order's been accepted and sent to production.
Customers' Order Notes
Deliveroo and DoorDash continue to send customers' order notes to the POS. You will need to request this feature from your account manager at Uber Eats.
You can send orders from Deliveroo and Uber Eats straight to your POS by setting up auto-accept. You can do this by configuring your settings on Deliveroo and contacting your account manager at Uber Eats. (Note: Your tablets will still need to be turned on 😉)
You can also reach out to your account manager and get orders sent straight to your printers.
Syncing Your Menu Regularly
You’ll also need to regularly sync up changes you’ve made on Lightspeed and Lightspeed Delivery. Repeat the steps in “Syncing Your Menu for the First Time” and click “Push Menus Live” for all menus.
(Note: If you're part of a large chain, making changes to just one site and using Uber Eats, please make sure that you communicate these updates to your account manager at Uber Eats. You don't want these individual changes to be overwritten by gross changes to all sites).
What happens if you don't sync your products?
Lightspeed Delivery will receive online orders but will not be able to match these requests to products in your POS. They will be marked as failed orders under the “Orders” tab on Lightspeed Delivery. Find out how to resolve failed orders on this guide.
Why are certain products not syncing from Lightspeed?
If you make changes to specific products on Lightspeed Delivery, syncs from the POS will not overwrite them. For example, you have a $15 burger on Lightspeed. You decide to change the price of this burger on Lightspeed Delivery to $16. When you sync Lightspeed and Lightspeed Delivery, the price of this burger on Lightspeed Delivery will still be $16.
Should you wish to have the price of the burger reverted back to $15, you can click "Revert button".
When you're "too busy", you can temporarily pause your store on Door Dash and Uber Eats. You can do this by:
- Heading over to "Locations" on the side bar.
- Click a site.
- Click "More" and then "Busy Mode".
- You'll be prompted to select this setting for all channels or individual channels as seen below.
Unfortunately, this setting is not available for Deliveroo.
Snoozing Products and Modifiers
You have two options to snooze products and modifiers:
- Click "Snooze".
- Select your location and menu.
- "Select Products to Snooze".
- Select products you'd like to snooze and their duration.
- Click "Submit".