All orders are sent to the POS but sometimes are not shown. If a customer can show you their order, it is valid and should be fulfilled.
Read on to understand why orders may not appear and how you can handle these situations.
What's In This Guide?
How And Why This Can Happen?
Orders on your POS will be delayed when:
- Your internet connection is poor.
- Other apps are being used on the tablet.
- The tablet screen is locked or asleep.
Orders will not be shown on your POS when:
- The order includes old menu data. E.g. A product, modifier or option set that has been removed since the last sync.
- Lightspeed's platform is experiencing a major outage.
Orders may appear incomplete or missing when:
- Lightspeed's service is degraded or experiencing a partial outage.
Lightspeed's Service Status
You can view and subscribe to email updates on Lightspeed's service status on https://status.kounta.com/
How Lightspeed Ordering Handles These Situations
Without the contingency process below, any of the above issues would cause all new customer orders to be auto-rejected. This would result in a poor customer experience and a loss of revenue for your business.
Rather than auto-rejecting orders, we accept orders and take payments in the app. We'll then send you one of two emails (depending on the nature of issue) and the order's information. This ensures that you can you can run your business as usual and prepare orders.
Action required: New order awaiting response
This means that your POS was not able to receive the new order. This is typically due to an internet connection issue, another app being used on your tablet or your tablet being either asleep or on screen lock.
- First try to resolve this issue on your POS or tablet. Check your internet and ensure that Lightspeed's running.
- If you can resolve this issue on your POS or tablet, the order will appear as normal.
- If you cannot resolve this issue on your POS or tablet, prepare the order based on the email. All necessary information's included.
Whenever the issue is resolved the order will appear on your POS as a new order (even if this is several hours later):
- If you've already provided the customer with their order,
- If the customer did not receive their order for some reason. E.g. They did not come into the store, simply
REJECTthe order to prompt an automatic refund.
- DO NOT reject any order that was provided to the customer as they will be refunded. We cannot reverse refunds.
Action required: Problem with new order
Typically this occurs if your menus on Lightspeed and Lightspeed Ordering are out-of-sync or Lightspeed's experiencing an outage.
- This order will never appear on your Lightspeed POS but it's still been paid for.
- Prepare the order based on the email. All necessary information's included.
The Customers' Experience
If a customer order does not show on the POS due to one of the aforementioned issues, they will be presented with a notification asking them to contact the team to confirm their order. It will look like this.
After seeing this the customer will normally come in and see you at the counter or give you a call.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Your Contact Email?
We'll be sending alerts to this email address. It's important that you have the most appropriate one listed.
What Are Trading Times?
Trading times are the hours your venue/s are open. Customers will ALWAYS be able to order during these times even if your POS is offline so it's important that they are current and correct.
Head over to Times on Lightspeed Ordering and review your hours. If you need to make any changes, simply edit the times and click save.