Help Us Help You.
Lightspeed Ordering can provide you with a branded version of the Lightspeed Ordering app. In order to make this app available publicly, you'll need to create an Apple Developer account. Don't worry, we'll still release and update the app! We just need you to create an account that can be linked to it.
What's In This Guide?
- Frequently Asked Questions
What's the Process?
Further detail is outlined in the instructions below but at a high level the process is as follows:
- Locate your DUNS Number - You'll probably have one already. See details below.
- Create an Apple ID- We recommend that you create a new Apple ID, unless you have an existing Apple ID enrolled in Apple's Developer Program.
- Enrol in the Apple Developer Program using your Apple ID.
- Add Lightspeed Ordering as a team member on your Apple Developer Team.
- Notify Lightspeed Ordering of your account's completion and confirm the business name on your developer account.
Read on for a detailed walk through of the process.
Step 1: Locate Your DUNS Number
The D-U-N-S Numbering system is a widely recognised standard for identifying businesses among thousands of companies, marketplaces and regulatory entities. Companies worldwide use the D-U-N-S Number to link information about suppliers, customers and trading partners, providing a more complete picture of the risk and opportunity in their business relationships.
- If you have an ABN, you'll already have a DUNS number. Look it up here.
- If you do not have a DUNS number, you can request it here.
- Requesting a DUNS number is free but it will take a few business days.
- There's also a 14 day waiting period after being granted a DUNS number.
Step 2: Creating an Apple ID
Creating an account is very easy. You just need to follow these steps:
- Go to https://developer.apple.com/
Accountin the top right corner
Create Apple ID.
- You'll be asked to fill out your first name, last name, country, date of birth, password and three security questions.
- You can choose to receive marketing messages.
- Complete the CAPTCHA.
- You'll be emailed a verification code.
- Enter your code into the pop up box.
Step 3: Enrolling in the Developer Program
Note: If you had an existing Apple ID that's already been enrolled into the Apple Developer Program, then you can skip this step.
After you've created your Apple ID, you need to enrol into the developer program by going through the following steps:
- Make sure that your Apple ID has 2-Factor Verification. Follow these steps.
- Go to https://developer.apple.com/programs/enroll/
Start Enrolmentat the bottom of the page.
- For the I Develop Apps question you must select
Company / Organisation. Enrolling as an individual will not allow you to invite other developers.
- Fill out the requested company information.
- Enter your DUNS number.
- Enter the CAPTCHA and submit.
- Complete the $99 payment for the developer license.
- You'll receive a confirmation email from Apple: "We’ve received your enrolment request. Once we verify that you have the authority to bind your organisation to Apple Developer Program legal agreements, we’ll email you with instructions on how to complete your enrolment."
- The approval process can take several days. Apple will email you when your application's been approved. Once you receive that, continue on to Step 4 below.
Step 4: Adding Lightspeed Ordering to your Developer Team
In order for Lightspeed Ordering to submit an app on your behalf, we'll need to be added as admin on your developer team. Apple has made this very easy!
There are two steps to do this; creating and inviting the user, and then granting us access to app status reports.
A) Creating and Inviting the User
- Go to https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/access/users and sign-in .
- Click the blue
Userson the left hand side.
- Enter the following information: - First Name: Lightspeed Ordering powered by Bopple - Last Name: Ltd - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Under
Roles, check the box for
Admin. - Under
Developer Resources, check the box for
Access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles
Inviteto send invites to the Lightspeed Ordering team.
B) Adding Access to App Status Reports
- Click on the email@example.com user to open the user's details.
App Status Reports, change the setting to
Yes(this is so that Lightspeed Ordering can be notified of the app's status, approval, and if Apple has any comments during the review process).
Savein the top right corner to confirm.
Step 5: Notify Lightspeed Ordering
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the business on Apple's Developer Program. If you do not do this, it may delay your app submission because our team will not know which account to upload the application for.
Step 6: Accept the App Transfer
- Lightspeed Ordering will transfer the app from Bopple Technologies to your newly created Apple Developer account.
- You'll receive an email asking you to sign-in to accept the transfer
- You'll also need to accept some terms and agreements when accepting the transfer
Frequently Asked Questions
Do the features or functionality change for branded apps?
No they do not. All the features and functionality remain the same. They just have your own style and flavour.
Who else uses Lightspeed Ordering's branded app?
Cheeky Poké Bar, Suki Restaurants and Zambrero just to name a few.