Create, Promote and Redeem Vouchers with Gift-it
Keen to sell vouchers to customers? Gift-it does just that!
In this guide, you'll learn how to:
- Set up your account with Gift-it
- Integrate it with Lightspeed.
- Create, promote and redeem vouchers on Gift-it, Lightspeed POS and your digital assets.
- Arrange purchase rules.
What's In This Guide?
- Before You Begin
- Setting Up Your Profile
- Creating, Promoting and Redeeming Vouchers
- Creating and Redeeming Vouchers in Your POS
- Creating and Redeeming Vouchers in Gift-it
- Creating, Promoting and Redeeming Buy Links
- Purchase Rules
- Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Begin
- A subscription with Lightspeed
- An account with Gift-it.
- An account with Stripe .
- A valid credit card.
Setting Up Your Profile
- Head over to https://app.gift-it.com.au
- Once logged in, go to 'Venues'
- Hit 'Create Venue'
- Enter in your business information and hit 'Create':
- After you've entered in your store details and have hit create you'll be taken back to the venues page. In this page, click the 'Edit' button:
- This will take you to the 'Edit Venue' screen. Scroll down to the very bottom of this page until you see the 'POS Integration' section. To integrate your Gift-It with POS click the 'Lightspeed' button:
- After you hit the 'Lightspeed' button you'll be taken to the 'Authorisation Required' page where you'll need to choose your company, once selected hit 'Grant Access'
- After you hit 'Grant Access' you'll be taken back to the Gift-it Portal where you'll be asked to select the site you'd like to integrate:
- After you select the site you'd like to integrate, you'll receive a notification 'Lightspeed Integrated Successfully' and will also see the 'POS Connected' column as '(Active)'
- Next, head over to the 'Profile section' > Enter in your business details > Hit save
- Next scroll down and add in your billing - this is purely for Gift-It fee's
You'll also be able to connect your social media accounts.
- Next click on the Voucher settings tab and enter in your Voucher Expiry, Voucher Greeting Message, Terms & Conditions, Voucher Image and any other Voucher settings > Save Changes
- Once this is done, click "Link to Buy" and connect your Stripe account. You'll need this to access payments from your customers. If you haven't already, you'll need to provide Stripe with information on your business, personal details and banking.
- Once this is done, you'll be asked if you want to pass on Stripe's and Gift-it's fees to customers.
You can also invite staff to Gift-it by clicking "Staff" and then "Invite".
Creating, Promoting and Redeeming Vouchers
There are three ways you can create, promote and redeem vouchers:
- Creating and redeeming vouchers in your POS.
- Creating and redeeming vouchers in Gift-it.
- Creating "Buy" Links.
Creating and Redeeming Vouchers in Your POS.
Creating Vouchers in Your POS.
- Click the menu on your POS and then "Add Ons".
- Select "Gift Cards".
- Select "Gift-it".
- Enter a name or number for the voucher and click "Confirm".
- Add funds.
- The voucher has now been created and you can view it in Gift-it.
Redeeming Vouchers in Your POS.
- Place the order in your POS as per normal.
- Select "Gift-it" during checkout.
- Enter the voucher's name or number.
- The voucher will be deducted from your purchase.
- The customer will then be sent an invoice and an update on their voucher's remaining balance.
Creating and Redeeming Vouchers in Gift-it.
Creating Vouchers in Gift-it
- Go to "Gift Vouchers" on Gift-it.
- Click "Create" in the top-right hand corner.
- You can:
- Create the voucher for the customer
- Make it a gift for one of their friends.
- Use the "Deposit" function. This allows you to receive deposits in advance for events.
- Customers can choose to pay by cash or card.
Redeem Vouchers in Gift-it
- Click "Redeem" in Gift-it.
- Enter the voucher's name or number and then the amount the customer wants to redeem.
Creating, Promoting and Redeeming Buy Links.
Creating and Promoting Buy Links
- Go to your profile and click "Buy Link".
- Copy and paste this link on your social media.
- Customers can enter their details and choose to buy this voucher for themselves or make it a gift for their friends and family.
Redeeming Buy Links
- You can redeem Gift-it vouchers on the POS or Portal.
You can also give your customers additional value by using purchase rules. For example, customers might buy $50 vouchers but get $60 in value.
You can do this by heading over to "Purchase Rules", entering their name, value and return value. Start dates and end dates are optional.
Go to your Dashboard and check out your:
- Total Unclaimed Value
- Total Claimed Value
- Credited Value
- Total Value Sold
- Value Claimed Today
- End of Month Fees
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I automate reminders to customers?
Yes, you can send customers friendly reminders about how much time they have left to use their vouchers.
Who else uses Gift-it?
The Cheese Bar, Northerlies and Berts just to name a few.
Can customers redeem their gift card across multiple sites in the same company?
Yes. If you have multiple sites, you can set it up so that your Gift-it database is one and the same across all sites.
Can Gift-it integrate with my website?
Yes. You will get a purchase link from Gift-it which you can add to your website.