Lightspeed is a cloud-based Point of Sale which means that it requires the internet to perform a variety of functions.
There may be some cases where you experience issues with some core Lightspeed features like;
- Lightspeed shows a red WiFi symbol on the POS
- Some payments from Integrated Payments are not completing on POS
- Some Online Ordering transactions are failing, particularly when using PassThruPrinting
One of the areas that can help with this is the DNS Settings on your device
How do I change the DNS Setting?
Enter the Settings app on your iOS device.
1. Tap on Wi-Fi.
2. Tap on “i” next to the connected Wi-Fi name or any other Wi-Fi.
3. Tap on Configure DNS.
4. Tap on Manual → Add Server.
5. Next, type the DNS server address (126.96.36.199)
6. Finally, tap on Save.
Note: This changed DNS will keep working even if you temporarily disconnect from this Wi-Fi network and reconnect. But, if you forget this network, it will set the DNS back to it's default settings.