Before you begin
Fully charge your barcode scanner for six hours before using it for the first time. To charge your barcode scanner:
- Connect one end of the Charging Connector to the Power Connector on the right-hand side of the barcode scanner.
- Connect the other end of the Charging Connector to an AC Power Supply. Connecting to a computer's USB port is not recommended.
- Connect the AC Power Supply to a power outlet.
To indicate that the barcode scanner is charging, its Battery Light at the top-left of the Scan button turns amber. Once it's fully charged, its Battery Light will turn green.
For more in-depth information on the SocketScan 700 Series and the DuraScan Series barcode scanners, please see Socket Mobile's User Guides:
Pair your barcode scanner with your iPad
- Turn on your barcode scanner by pressing and holding the power button. Its Battery Light turns on, its blue Bluetooth Light at the top-right of the Scan button starts blinking quickly and it beeps twice.
Note: If you've paired the wrong barcode scanner, press and hold its Scan button followed by its Power button. It powers off and once you power it back on, its blue Bluetooth light should be blinking quickly, indicating that it's discoverable once again.
- On your iPad, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
- In the Bluetooth panel, enable the Bluetooth switch.
- Under OTHER DEVICES, tap your barcode scanner. Once the pairing process is complete, your barcode scanner displayed as Connected under MY DEVICES. Its blue Bluetooth Light also turns solid.
If you're having issues pairing your barcode scanner with your iPad, try turning your iPad's Bluetooth switch off and back on. If you're still having issues, perform a factory reset.
You should be fine to go after this. Refer to Using a Barcode Scanner with Kounta for further steps!