The POS + Payments All-in-One Solution to run and manage your business.
Payments are automatically pushed to the payment terminal, and back, ensuring every purchase amount is correctly displayed, paid and recorded inside the POS, reducing double handling, risk of errors and administration.
- Contactless - Let guests tap their cards and mobile devices to pay
- Safe and secure - End to end encryption and built in PCI compliance.
- 24/7 Support - We’ve always got your back with one support team for POS and Payments.
What's In This Guide?
- Enabling the Lightspeed Payments | 3 minutes
- Pairing the Payment Terminal with POS | 3 minutes
- Processing payments, tips and surcharges | 5 minutes
Before you begin
For those who are taking part in the beta, please follow the steps below and reach out through chat to reach our Support Team if you have any issues.
- You also will need to download the latest version of the Lightspeed Kounta POS App on all your iPads. Please note, at this point in time Lightspeed Payments is only compatible with Apple iPads.
- Unbox the terminals and ensure they have power if they are battery operated such as the V400, e280 or e285.
- Connect your terminals to your Wifi and make sure they are connected to the same Wifi network that your Lightspeed POS terminals are connected to.
Note: We recommend that 15 minutes passes before attempting to pair a terminal to a register, after connecting the terminal to Wifi.
Setting up your Payment Terminal
Accessing the Admin Menu
You'll need the Admin menu on the terminal for various tasks. To open the Admin menu:
- Select 1 and then the Confirm key.
As seen on the P400 plus and v400m
As seen on the e280 and e285
Connecting to Wifi
- On the terminal display, select Configure network.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi toggle switch.
- Select the + icon to add a network. The terminal scans for Wi-Fi networks.
- Choose the desired network from the list and enter the Wi-Fi password, or select Add manually and enter the name (SSID) of the Wi-Fi network and the Wi-Fi password.
- Select the check mark to confirm.
The terminal sets the network as default automatically, and connects to it.
You'll now see a Wi-Fi icon at the top of the display.
Accessing the Device info
- Select 5 and then the Confirm key.
A screen similar to the one shown here appears, with:
- Model, serial number, and IP address of the terminal.
- Software version and configuration version that the terminal currently uses.
- Merchant account and store that the terminal belongs to.
Enabling Lightspeed Payments
- Go to Back Office, select Integrations.
- Find and select Lightspeed Payments.
- Once opened click 'Enable'.
Enabling tipping on terminal
- After you enable Lightspeed Payment you will be able to access the Settings page
- Scroll down till you see Terminal features
- Enable Tipping
Pairing the Payment Terminal with POS
- Go to POS on any register that you wish to connect to a Lightspeed Payment terminal.
Select ‘Lightspeed Payments’ on the left side bar menu.
- You will be see a window showing all the terminals associated to your account.
Find the terminal that you want to pair to this register, based on the Serial Number and/or Model of the terminal.
The serial numbers can be found on the back of certain terminals or can be found in the the device by selecting the number 5 and then pressing the green Enter button.
Once found select Pair terminal
- Wait for POS to pair to your Payment Terminal
- You're done! Selecting Lightspeed Payments at your next transaction will send the payment to that terminal.
Unpairing a Terminal from your POS
If you wish to make your Lightspeed Payments terminal available for another register - simply go to the Lightspeed Payments option in the POS menu.
Select 'Unpair' on the terminal paired to your device.
Processing payments, tips and surcharges
Payments on POS
For the fastest checkout experience, we recommend you choose Lightspeed Payments in Site Information, as well as enable Fast Payments in the Register Settings as seen below.
Please see the Fast Payments on POS guide for more info.
- Select the Fast Payments button on POS (the lightning bolt)
- On the terminal, tap, swipe or insert the customers card
- Confirm the payment was successful
Tipping on the terminal
- Make sure you have enabled Tipping on terminal first
- Select the Fast Payments button on POS (the lightning bolt)
- Customers will be presented the option of 5%, 10%, 15%, a custom amount or to skip
Dynamic Surcharging (coming soon!)
Pay@table (coming soon!)
Transaction and Settlement Reports
Please note that transaction and settlement data takes 24 hours to process and will only appear after this time.
Your Transactions Summary shows your transaction amount within a specified timeframe and see trends over time.
Your Settlement Summary show an overview of your net deposit over a nominated time period and understand the associated fees.
|Created time||This is when the payment was processed on POS with the customer.|
|Transaction Status||A transaction status can be success, pending, declined, failed, unknown or other.|
|Settlement Status||A settlement status can be paid, pending, in-transit, failed, cancelled or unknown.|
|Net Amount||This is the amount that you receive as the merchant after fees are taken.|
|Transaction Fee||This is the amount that we, Lightspeed, are charging for that transaction.|
|Amount||This is the combined total of the amount charged to a customer plus the transaction fee.|
|Last 4 digits||This is the last 4 digits of the card used by the customer.|
|Transaction type||A transaction type can be a sale, refund, chargeback or void.|
Frequently Asked Questions
If I have a problem, how do I reach Support?
Select the '?' in the bottom left corner anywhere in Lightspeed POS or Back Office, select 'Talk to the support team'.
Then select 'Payments', and you'll be connected with a payments expert.
Where is Lightspeed Payments available?
Currently, Lightspeed Payments is only available in Australia.
How do I see how much is being deposited in my account?
Jump into Lightspeed Insights, select Lightspeed Payments, then Settlement Summary.
Can I pair a Lightspeed Payment terminal to multiple POS registers.
Currently each terminal will need to be paired to only one register.