Windcave's integration with Lightspeed Kounta POS enables merchants to integrate their Windcave HIT enabled terminals allowing merchants to process secure payments.
This guide helps you enable Windcave and process payments.
What's In This Guide?
Before You Begin
Setting up the integration is easy. You need:
- Your HIT (Host Initiated Transaction) terminals on hand
- Windcave enabled on Lightspeed's Back Office
- A stable internet connection
Associating Register to Windcave Terminal
Before you can begin using the Windcave Addon you must first associate your Register(s) to a Windcave Terminal, to do so merchants can follow the below steps:
- Locate your Company and Site ID, this can be found on Lightspeed's Back Office under the Help & Support button.
- Obtain your Register ID, merchants simply need to contact Lightspeed Kounta support with their Site ID and request the relevant Register ID’s.
- Submit a request to associate the devices to email@example.com, this request should include the below details for each register to be associated:
- Company ID
- Site ID
- Register ID
- Windcave Terminal Serial Number
- The Windcave Support team will advise once the device association has been completed.
Authorising Windcave Addon
Merchants must first authorise the Windcave Addon to be added to their Lightspeed Kounta POS account; please note the Windcave Addon will receive the same privileges as the user Authorising it. It is strongly recommended the below steps are follow from an administrator account with high access levels.
- Navigate to the following webpage
- If not already logged into your Lightspeed Kounta Back Office, you will be prompted to log in.
- Once logged in, a popup requesting which company should be accessible by the Windcave Addon.
- Once Authorised the Windcave payment option should appear at checkout.
- You're done!
If the Windcave Payment option does not appear at checkout, please sync your register to ensure the latest changes in the Back Office are downloaded to the POS.
Syncing the register can be done from the POS itself from the Sync option in the main menu or from your Back Office login. For further information on Syncing from your back office please refer to the Sync Registers from Back Office Kounta support article.
What's Your Next Step?
Finalising your takings with integrated payments is super easy. Check out our guide now!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I set up a Windcave account?
Are there any limitations?
There are currently some limitations with the Windcave Integration that we would like to highlight;
- Gift Card Payments - The Windcave integration isn't able to be used to perform integrated top-ups, these would need to be entered manually through the terminal and Lightspeed Kounta. You can find more details on how to add manual payment type here
- Surcharges - Surcharges are only able to be triggered in Lightspeed Kounta and sent to the Windcave terminal included in the sale price. The Windcave integration doesn't support the ability to surcharge from the terminal.