Eftpos NZ/Verifone integration with Lightspeed POS enables merchants to integrate their Verifone enabled terminals allowing merchants to process secure payments.
This guide helps you enable Eftpos NZ/Verifone and process payments.
What's In This Guide?
Before You Begin
Setting up the integration is easy. You need:
- Your Verifone terminals on hand
- Eftpos NZ/Verifone enabled on Lightspeed's Back Office
- A stable internet connection
Enable Eftpos NZ/Verifone
- Go to the Integrations' page on Lightspeed's Back Office and click Eftpos NZ/Verifone.
- Enable Eftpos NZ/Verifone.
Authorising Eftpos NZ/Verifone Addon
Once the add-on is enabled, you must first authorise the Eftpos NZ/Verifone Addon to be added to their Lightspeed POS account; please note the Eftpos NZ/Verifone Addon will receive the same privileges as the user Authorising it. It is strongly recommended the below steps are follow from an administrator account with high access levels.
- Once the add-on is enabled, a popup requesting which company should be accessible by the Eftpos NZ/Verifone Addon.
- Once Authorised the Eftpos NZ/Verifone payment option should appear at checkout.
- You're done!
Pairing your Verifone Terminal
Once authorisation is completed, you can begin pairing your Verifone Terminal. You will be directed to this webpage
- Enter the serial number of the terminal you wish to pair to a register
- Verify the terminal you wish to pair. The terminal will show a sale for $0.01
- Select the Lightspeed POS register you wish to pair
- Confirm the terminal and register to be paired
- Terminal paired successfully!
If the Eftpos NZ/Verifone Payment option does not appear at checkout, please sync your register to ensure the latest changes in the Back Office are downloaded to the POS.
Syncing the register can be done from the POS itself from the Sync option in the main menu or from your Back Office login. For further information on Syncing from your back office please refer to the Sync Registers from Back Office support article.
What's Your Next Step?
Finalising your takings with integrated payments is super easy. Check out our guide now!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I set up an Eftpos NZ/Verifone account?
Are there any limitations?
There are currently some limitations with the Verifone Vcloud Integration that we would like to highlight;
- Gift Card Payments - The Eftpos NZ/Verifone integration isn't able to be used to perform integrated top-ups, these would need to be entered manually through the terminal and Lightspeed. You can find more details on how to add manual payment type here
- Surcharges - Surcharges are only able to be triggered in Lightspeed and sent to the Eftpos NZ/Verifone terminal included in the sale price. The Eftpos NZ/Verifone integration doesn't support the ability to surcharge from the terminal.
- T650p Terminal - The T650p is a brand new device and is a whole new range based on Android. It has basic functionality but an improvement adding the Cloud integration is on its way.