This guide is for V3 of Bump-It which is no longer supported.
The current version of Lightspeed Bump Screen can be found here
What's In This Guide?
- Before You Begin
- Enable Lightspeed Bump Screen
- Set Up Views, Devices and Screens
- Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Begin
Before you begin, you'll need:
- Subscriptions to Lightspeed and Lightspeed Bump Screen.
- Your menu uploaded onto Lightspeed.
- To be using Android, iOS devices or PCs.
- You can access the settings for Bump-It here: http://au.bump-it.com.au/
Enable Lightspeed Bump Screen
- Once you've enabled Lightspeed Bump Screen, you'll be taken to Bump-it's website.
- Create your account.
- After you've created your account, you'll see this page asking you to select a POS. Select Lightspeed.
- You'll then see this dialogue box. Select your company and "Grant Access".
- Your company, sites and product information will be synced over to Bump-it.
- Once this is done, you'll see your site/s uploaded to Bump-it. Please click the site you wish to configure.
Set Up Devices, Views and Screens
Now, we'll set up views, devices and screens. Here's a quick glossary:
- Views - A view has specific products.
- E.g. A view for the kitchen.
- E.g. A view for the bar.
- E.g. A view for the barista.
- Devices - Android, iOS devices or PCs.
- Screens - These are the actual screens you'll be using. They are:
- Bump screens - These are screens used to cross out orders and bump dockets.
- Pass screens - These are screens that copy what comes to pass. If one station needs to see what orders are appearing on another bump screen, this is useful.
You'll first need to create a view, the device the view is to be loaded on and then its screen. You'll need to repeat this process for multiple views.
Setting Up Views
- Go to "Views".
- Create a new view.
- Under "Settings", you can choose:
- The name of the view.
- To have a black or white screen.
- The number of dockets you want to be displayed on bump screens and pass screens.
- To show categories in the Statistics Dashboard.
- The number of minutes between alerts. These alerts appear as green, amber and red.
- To mute screens.
- To show customer displays.
- To have pre-order delays - If you're using Lightspeed Ordering powered by Bopple, you can get notifications on when you need to start preparing orders.
- Under "Available Products", you can determine which products will appear on this view.
- Under "Registers", you can select which register's dockets will appear in this view. Note: If no registers are selected, then all dockets will appear.
Setting Up Devices
Once you've configured a view, you can set it up for a particular device.
- Head over to "Devices".
- "Add New Device".
- Name your device and select which type of screen it will be. This can be either a bump screen or pass screen.
- Configure your device's settings. Here are a couple of options:
- Hold - You can hold dockets to the side and see how long they've been put on hold for. This is particularly useful for courses.
- Bump - When a docket's bumped, it's completed and ready to go to the pass.
- (Combining dockets on the bump screen. This is useful for courses and can be found in the Settings button).
- Undo - No longer want to combine dockets? You can undo this.
- Batch - You can cook items by the batch (E.g. Rice) and then tick them off from multiple orders.
- Once done, "Return to Menu".
It's now time to load Lightspeed Bump Screen on your device.
- Login in to Bump-it or download it from the App Store or Google Play.
- Select "Screen".
- Click the drop down menu and select your view. In this screenshot, you'll see that we have chosen the Drinks view.
- If you wish to go back to the main menu, click Settings.
In the Statistics Dashboard, you can see:
- Peak trading hours for your site/s.
- How your site/s perform.
- How your categories perform.
- The average amount of time it takes to prepare orders.
- Most sold and least sold items.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have changed devices. What do I do?
Remove the screen from your existing device and add it to your new one.
Who can I contact for support?
You can contact your friendly account manager, reach out to Lightspeed's support team 24/7 or send a message to Bump-it.