Now Book It is a software platform that handles reservations, events ticketing, and also gift cards.
This platform integrates with Lightspeed so that when you seat a table through Now Book It, an equivalent order will also be created in Lightspeed Restaurant using the customer’s details. Once you complete the order in Lightspeed, it relays that information back to Now Book It, where the booking will be marked as finished.
What’s in this guide?
Before you begin
Enable Now Book It
- Log into your Lightspeed Back Office
- Go to Integrations
- Search for Now Book It
- Hit Enable
- Contact the Now Book It Customer Support team to enable the integration.
Customer creation or link in Lightspeed
There are rules for customer linking between Now Book It and Lightspeed.
If you create a new customer in Now Book It, and there is no existing customer in Lightspeed with a matching email or phone number, a new customer will automatically be created in Lightspeed once you seat the booking, using the customer details from Now Book It.
Note - Creating new customers in Now Book It can be used to create or link customers in Lightspeed but not the other way around. Creating a new customer in Lightspeed will not allow you to share customer details with Now Book It.
A customer is linked if there is either:
- A matching email address between Now Book It and Lightspeed.
- A matching name and phone number between Now Book It and Lightspeed
Note - If the name of the customer is different in Now Book It, but the email or phone number matches the customer information in Lightspeed, the customer is linked with no changes to the name.
Walk-ins in Now Book It don't have customer details, so customer details won’t be created in Lightspeed.
Find the Now Book It order in your Lightspeed POS
Once you have seated the customer in Now Book It, an order will be created in Lightspeed.
- In the POS, click on the Orders tab.
- Select the Order that was created via Now Book It.
Note - When a new order appears the number of orders will be highlighted in orange. The order will have a ‘New’ label.
If a customer was linked, you will see the below information.
A. Customer Name (First and/or Last Name).
B. Table number.
C. Time booking was seated.
If no customer is linked, you will see the below information.
A. Order number.
B. Table number.
C. Time booking was seated.
3. Click on Accept and you can start entering an order.
Note - If you click on Reject, the order will be cancelled and will disappear from the Orders screen.
Now Book It Gift Cards Integration
Now Book It online Gift Card platform integrates with Lightspeed so that your customers can purchase gift cards online and redeem them in your venue.
See below how to use those Gift Cards in your Lightspeed POS.
Redeem a Now Book It Gift Card in the POS
- Click on Check Out once your customer is ready to pay with their Gift Card.
- Select the Now Book It Gift Cards payment type.
Note - A Now Book It Gift Card payment type is automatically created when enabling the integration.
- If the customer has the Gift Card PDF, use the Gift Card number provided on it either by:
a) Entering the Giftcard number in full (including “-” ie 00151-00784513-TEST).
b) Entering the last 4 digits of the Gift Card number.
c) Scanning the barcode on the Gift Card.
- If the customer doesn’t have the Gift Card PDF, the Gift Card number can be found in Now Book It. Reach out to Now Book It support for any question related to their workflows.
- The 'Transaction successful!' message will show, indicating that the purchase was completed.
Perform a balance check
- Select Gift Cards from the Add-Ons section of the top left menu in the POS.
- Select Now Book It Gift Card.
- Enter the Now Book It card number and select ‘Check Balance’.
- The card status and balance will be displayed.
What's my next step?
Have you created the perfect floor plan already? If no, check out our guide on how to do so: Setting up Tables.
Have a look at what the Courses feature can do, excellent to get those dockets looking nice and tidy: Setting up Courses.
Keen to know your average spend per head? Learn about how the Guest Tracking feature can make sure every single table has a number of guests associated to it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I go if I need help with Now Book It?
Reach out to Now Book It support for any question related to their workflows.
How much does it cost?
Please contact Now Book It for up to date information on costs.
At time of writing Now Book It currently charges $20/month for the full integration of Bookings and Gift Cards, and $10/month for Gift Cards only.
Can I add funds to a Now Book It Gift Card through the POS?
No, this is currently not an available option.